Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
My 7, almost 8, yr old son still has occasional bed wetting problems. Since right before kindergarten they are probably only 1-3x a month, so doctor isn't concerned at all. We just clean up when necessary.

But he now has had an accident Wed, Thurs and tonight. I'm worried he may have an infection or something. Fri and Sat he spent the night with grandpa and did not have an accident, which makes me a little less worried. He does have a little cough and is currently taking Zyrtec so it doesn't turn into asthma. I know they are worse then too, but still concerned.

Thoughts? Experience with bed wetting with 5+? Anything I can do or look for? My daughter was both day and night trained before 2 1/2.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Replies (11-15):
swedemomma
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Well no infections. Doc wasn't concerned. Said some kids can be doing great and then have a time of more accidents. I bought him some pull-ups to use when he stays at his cousins' house the next two nights. Hopefully it's just a few days and then goes back to 1-3x/month. I don't mind washing his bedding when it's not every night.

I don't believe he's constipated.

He also asked if we could wake him up to go potty before we go to bed since we stay up until midnight or later and he goes to bed by 9:30ish in summer.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

My DD is almost 6 and occasionally wets the bed.  Not often enough that I'm concerned.  Maybe it's a UTI?

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

BUMP for those who have experience with this.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Momto8kidsyay
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:43 AM
A lot of times they have a sleep disorder where they sleep deeper than most of us. They grow out of it.
Grillito
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I only know of a boy that grew out of it by using diapers during the night, but we believed than in his case it was emotional
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)