Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby Washcloths

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

I will google, but wanted opinions from personal experience with mothers who use cloth wipes.  We decided on using them and would like advice on type of cloths, best deals, where to buy them, and your experience with using them.  Did you keep them dry until use, or keep them in the solution? 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a friend who did cloth wipes and she had a spray bottle with solution in it. I don't remember what her cloths were made of though, but I did get her some organic bamboo ones for her second child. She said she likes having the spray bottle because the she was able to control how much moisture the cloth had and how much was needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a pack of baby wash cloths in the diaper bag. At home I use regular wash cloths, I got a cheapie pack of a dozen for a few bucks at target.

I get them wet with water at each diaper change.

I keep it simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Magnolia7
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I picked up some flannel squares at the clothdiaper store and I love them. But I could've just cut some flannel blankets with pinking shears, I was just too pooped at that point.
taurusmom88
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i bought 3 different kinds of cloths and it turns out that i like using regular baby washcloths best. i use lusa organics baby wipe juice solution in a spray bottle. i love it.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I use baby wash cloths. Walmart/target/dollar general here sells them for 99ยข for 4. That's usually what I get. I like to have 3 per diaper, though I've never used that many for one change. I keep them dry and wet them with water with a peri bottle as needed.
LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine are flannel I keep them dry and get them wet at change time.
conejoazul
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Ditto here. I just bought a few yeards of white cotton flannel, cut them into squares and ran a no-ravel zig-zag around the edges (not really sure that was even necessary, because a few never got stitched and they really haven't ravelled that much). A few I sewed to be two layers, but in the end we seemed to prefer the single layer ones (thicker isn't always better). I made about 60 8" x 8" wipes for $6 or $7 dollars, and now three years later still have many of them to use with the next baby.

Quoting LaideBug:

Mine are flannel I keep them dry and get them wet at change time.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers 

MacMamaof5
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I don't know why I didn't think about making my own washcloths...just bits of choice fabric, huh?  Enough said!  Thanx ladies! 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I just use baby wash clothes. I received a million packs for my shower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)