Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

vitamins?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you or your kids take vitamins? If so what kind?

We are eating healthier each day, but still have a ways to go. My daughter has been taking gummy vitamins. But not I cringe at all the artificial stuff in them. If we eat a mainly whole foods diet with a little meat and maybe a little yogurt will she still need vitamins?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM
My dd is on a liquid, food based multi because she is a super picky water. When she starts eating better ill take her off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
My kids don't take vitamins. I do take a prenatal since I'm pregnant, although it's not necessary, I feel better being "safe" and taking it anyway.

Oh, I do sporadically give the kids vitamin d drops in the winter months since I read that it's physically impossible to get the needed d from the sun during that half if the year at our altitude and latitude
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I dont give my kids vitamins but I used to and no matter what kind I tried it hurt their tummies.  I am taking tons of vitamins and supplements right now as my iron as been low.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I just give them probiotics except in the winter. 

lifeforchrist
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I do give my kids vitamins. Id never give those gummy garbage ones. A whole food liquid one is good. I use Innate response. ANd we do cod liver oil and flax oil daily.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I dose DS1 up with liquid vitamin D a couple times per week.  If we didn't have a family history of Multiple Sclerosis, I doubt I'd bother...  Otherwise, no vitamins yet.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I was just thinking about the gummy vitamins that the kids have wondering what else is in them...

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Quoting lifeforchrist:

I do give my kids vitamins. Id never give those gummy garbage ones. A whole food liquid one is good. I use Innate response. ANd we do cod liver oil and flax oil daily.

http://www.innateresponse.com/

I'm interested in learning how food-based vitamins differ from synthetic and looked up the site  you mentioned...

It appears that their "Kids Multi" is designed for kiddos above 5 years of age...  And that their "Kids Complete Multi Powder" has a strong grape flavor.  I wasn't able to locate a chewable.  (Which I'd really like, as my eldest is still to young to swallow a capsule).

I'd love your review of either product!

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I give dd a chewable form the healthfood store...but mostly  give probiotics and vit d.

Harleysmom213
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM

my son takes the flintstones with iron. and i take prenatals and sometimes potassium, iron or fish oil. i don't like a lot of foods with those particular vitamins so i have to get them from somewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)