Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural remedies for cough?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have a cold, a deep cough with congestion in my chest. I am.pregnant too, and want to treat it naturally, also its been super hot, and i really wont want to take a hot shower. I think may have a yeast infection too :( i am going to syart taking raw garlic, lemon water, honey. Anything else i can do?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Eucalyptus and rosemary tea.
A massage oil with cypress and rosemary.
Tap the center of your sternum, that will help break up congestion and stimulate your immune system.

Probiotics for the YI, and *partially* insert a slightly warmed clove of garlic, or a tampon with olive oil and tto on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Thanks! :)

Quoting jellyphish:

Eucalyptus and rosemary tea.

A massage oil with cypress and rosemary.

Tap the center of your sternum, that will help break up congestion and stimulate your immune system.

Probiotics for the YI, and *partially* insert a slightly warmed clove of garlic, or a tampon with olive oil and tto on it.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

When I have congestion I use a heating pad to help break it up and I drink a ton of water and tea. 

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

My go to for a cough is Elder as a tea. 

For a yeast infection, I had wonderful luck using borax capsules from my midwife.  Yep, just borax in a 00 insterted overnight.  Problem gone in one dose.  (But if you'd like some herbal suggestions, I can look them up for you).

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope you feel better soon!  hugs

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Interesting. Its safe while pregnant?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

My go to for a cough is Elder as a tea. 

For a yeast infection, I had wonderful luck using borax capsules from my midwife.  Yep, just borax in a 00 insterted overnight.  Problem gone in one dose.  (But if you'd like some herbal suggestions, I can look them up for you).

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Under the advice of my midwife, I took the borax capsule while 38 weeks pregnant.  It adjusts the pH of your body, so I can't imagine how it would affect your unborn child negatively.  Obviously, you'd need to consult outside sources to make sure it's right for you.

I believe Elder is also safe for pregnant women.  (I've used it while breastfeeding).

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Ok, i went to.sprouts, got some garlic, these cold tablets witb elder, some rosemary oil and cypress oil. I looked for.candex (i usually use for yi) but they didnt have it.
erina320
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Lavender oil in a warm mist humidifier.

Honey and lemon tea.

Peppermint oil in your steamy shower.
erina320
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Oops sorry I see you already said lemon and honey.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)