Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

If you eat meat...

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 39 Replies

If you eat meat, do you make sure it's grass fed, free range, otherwise non-conventional or do you eat mostly conventional? Is cost a factor in that?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama.x3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I don't eat meat but my husband and children do. I really want to buy better meats for them I just haven't found any yet... Still looking.
They don't eat very much, once a week or so, so I don't mind if its a little more in cost, just wish I could find some, lol.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM

We eat what ever meat is at the local grocery store and the cost is a factor in why we do that vs grass fed, free range.

mjrex87
by Mindy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

During the summer, we get local, grass-fed beef from the farmer's market. I'm trying to buy enough to stock the freezer for the rest of the year. The cost is actually the same as the organic beef from the grocery, so it's more than worth it!

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I wish i could afford only organic grassfed free-range, but i cant all the time :(
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I buy the "natural, hormone free, antibiotic free" stuff from the grocery store when I buy meat.
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
And yes, price is a factor.
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I do not eat meat but SO does, It comes from the neighbors farm, is grass fed and raised cruelty free. Its the only way meat comes into our house and the only thing I will cook for him. He also hunts, I have no problems with that:)

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
We only eat grass fed beef, free range chicken, and wild caught seafood.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I buy whatever is at the grocery store. I'd have to travel to a fancy organic store to buy the more expensive stuff and I don't have the extra money to spend on the train and buying more expensive food. And we eat meat daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We buy only grass feed, free range, anti-biotic free beef in bulk.

Yes, price is a factor because It's soo much cheaper. I think we paid about $1.99 a pound and that includes all the ground beef, stakes, roast, ect, ect.

I want to start raising my own chickens for meat. It actually only takes a few months. I may need a bigger deep freeze though. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)