Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Irony *petty vent*

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
mel
  • 10 Replies
A good friend of mine is pretty mainstream. Her daughter was having teething pain and they ran out of tylenol so she asked to have a teething tablet. I handed her three since she was really miserable and she was VERY reluctant to give her 3. She only wanted to give one. After I showed her the bottle she gave her all three but she would rather have given her tylenol.
Hmmmmmm....ok :)
A. I know it's petty but those suckers are expensive and if youd rather not use them don't waste mine.
B. Tylenol is alot scarier with much greater risk then hylands teething tablets.

Oh well
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Well sounds like you were the first one to introduce teething tablets to her.  Maybe next time she comes across them she will be more willing to use them and that will be because of you.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I love your positive perspective :)

Quoting Sarah725:

Well sounds like you were the first one to introduce teething tablets to her.  Maybe next time she comes across them she will be more willing to use them and that will be because of you.

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I felt the same way about myself when I started researching baking soda for my hair, and it occurred to me that I'd never even questioned the ingredients in shampoo, lol.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Some people don't view Tylenol as real medicine. Maybe that's why?
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
At least she was cautious about what she was giving her baby?
I know it seems ironic to you, but Tylenol is considered a really safe drug and recommended by doctors for the littlest babies, it's familiar to almost everyone. Natural remedies are completely foreign to many, and natural doesn't always mean safe.
So I'm sure that's what it was, even if it's chuckle worthy :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a friend who posts anti-hylands stuff on fb because her friends child had a reaction to it. I hold my tongue and refuse to get in a pissing match with her. But I feel like saying anything you put in your body has a potential to have a negative reaction.. Peanuts, vaccines, all medicines.
I agree with Larissa though, we are brought up to believe that Tylenol is safe, so it's a foreign concept to use homeopathy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I do, too.. :o) 

Quoting melindabelcher: I love your positive perspective :)
Quoting Sarah725: Well sounds like you were the first one to introduce teething tablets to her.  Maybe next time she comes across them she will be more willing to use them and that will be because of you.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I knew better than to give ds Tylenol but when i gave him his first teething tablet i actually cut one in half.
Three just seemed like so much before but now three is what i give him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

LOL...she must have thought 3 of anything seemed like too many.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Yesterday she gave her 2yo a chewable tylenol just because.
The 6yo has an ear infection so she needed it. But just because the 2yo saw and wanted she gave.
I do see how tylenol has become a non concerning/safe choice. Where the teething tablets are a newer more unfamiliar thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)