Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
I really don't want to do it this time. It's baby #3 and I'd like to skip it. Or do something else. Any ideas?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Replies (11-14):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
That's up to you. I handle situations and am more at ease talking in person than over the phone. Plus it seems difficult to get an actual practitioner on the phone anyway. But that's just me.

Quoting jmaw89:

If I want this option should I call and asking they'll do it? Or wait till I go back? I will be 24 wks and don't know if they do it at the 24or28 wk appt. I'd really like to skip the nasty drink..

Quoting jellyphish:

I did a single blood draw after an 8 hour fast (so before breakfast). It was easy, and more accurate.

You also have the option of opting out altogether, which was my original plan since I am low risk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
They just did a finger prick at one of my appts. They asked what I had eaten and how long ago.
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM

i would rather wait and ask so that's what ill do, thank you.

Quoting jellyphish:

That's up to you. I handle situations and am more at ease talking in person than over the phone. Plus it seems difficult to get an actual practitioner on the phone anyway. But that's just me.

Quoting jmaw89:

If I want this option should I call and asking they'll do it? Or wait till I go back? I will be 24 wks and don't know if they do it at the 24or28 wk appt. I'd really like to skip the nasty drink..

Quoting jellyphish:

I did a single blood draw after an 8 hour fast (so before breakfast). It was easy, and more accurate.

You also have the option of opting out altogether, which was my original plan since I am low risk.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I have heard this, as well.. personally, I opt out of the test. 

Quoting GoodyBrook: I've heard of mamas drinking fruit juice instead of the glucola they want you to down.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN