Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birth of twins?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi there, 

i am new to both this group and cafe mom. Currently I am pregnant with twins!  Twins that could come any day now...I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I'm on bed rest just because I'm so exhausted now with the heat and all but have had no complications thus far,  and so I have a lot of free time. So like my usual OCD self I'm sitting here googling bf and drug free labours... So many stories with twins or more than one baby are horrible wrecks! I am using a midwife at a birthing centre and I have a birth plan...but now I am second guessing myself. I guess it doesn't help either that my family thinks I'm nuts and keep talking about the glorious pain meds and all that.

so I am just wondering have any of you guys given birth natually to twins? How did it go? What about efb after? 

Thank for any advice. 

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally have not but my mother did in 1983 when everyone kept saying it was "impossible".  One was born while the other was breach then the breach baby turned and was born minutes later. It is very possible! And it's not unusual : ) 

i have no advice on EBF twins BUT the breast feeding group here is very very helpful! 

JMmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I haven't. However, the student doula who came with my doula at or last meeting recently had a twin home birth. I think one was breech but I can't remember. Both babies were over 7lbs.
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I haven't, but I know moms in here have done it. I think like doing ANY birth naturally, you just have to trust your body :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikzup03
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I'll be 38 weeks pregnant with twins on Monday... Let me tell you how boring and normal this pregnant has been! I'm impatiently waiting for labor to start. My OB has never mentioned inductions or csections. He knows how to and has delivered breech, even in singletons (hospital policy that baby A needs to be head down, which mine is. Yes there are more risks with a twin pregnancy, but that doesn't automatically mean you will be apart of any of them. The only thing different (other than the huge belly and more weight gain and discomforts that go with it! Lol) is I had more ultrasounds to make sure they are growing at the same rate. And mine are :) don't worry. Believe me, it's not worn worrying if there is nothing to worry about! I sopped googling after about the first month I found out it was twins. It was a joke. I read mother multiples for the NICU stuff just in case (and its a good book to have regardless) be happy and stress free an your pregnancy will be happy and stress free.

(I'm a laid back person by nature, I also don't worry much, seriously, it makes a big difference. And it's easier said than done :P)
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Not me personally, but I had a friend who did a homebirth with twins.  One baby was born on the 6th at 8 pm, and the other was born on the 8th at 2 am.  The first baby was head down, the second was breach.  Also, her labor stalled between the babies.  She stayed at 10 cm while the contractions died down.  She was able to get a few hours of sleep until she went into labor again. She allowed her midwife to break the second baby's water, because she was getting really tired. The second baby was delivered soon after the water was broken.

Good luck!!! 

igotheart
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Oh my! I can't even imagine pushing a baby out, only to do it again a day and a half later. God bless her lol.

Quoting hapababies:

Not me personally, but I had a friend who did a homebirth with twins.  One baby was born on the 6th at 8 pm, and the other was born on the 8th at 2 am.  The first baby was head down, the second was breach.  Also, her labor stalled between the babies.  She stayed at 10 cm while the contractions died down.  She was able to get a few hours of sleep until she went into labor again. She allowed her midwife to break the second baby's water, because she was getting really tired. The second baby was delivered soon after the water was broken.

Good luck!!! 

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I don't know how she did it either. She is superwoman in my eyes. She got her ideal birth though :)

Quoting igotheart:

Oh my! I can't even imagine pushing a baby out, only to do it again a day and a half later. God bless her lol.

Quoting hapababies:

Good luck!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM

My g'ma and her twin were born different days.

Quoting igotheart:

Quoting hapababies:

Good luck!!! 

BrittBratt
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I had a vaginal, med free twin birth 4 years ago. My water broke at 33 weeks. Both babies were head down so I was " allowed" to have a vaginal birth :/ they were born 5 minutes apart.

Pushing out a baby just to do it again later sucked lol but better than being sectioned!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I have multiple friends whove had natural births with twins, you should be fine..just take a deep breath and visualize it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)