Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe a dumb question but gonna ask anyways *(ovulation related)

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

So we are TTC and I really want to have a better handle on when I get pregnant this time becase that was an issue with our first, we are pretty sure he was farther along then they were saying and it caused issues for labor and delivery. So I am trying to pay attention to ovulation and all that good stuff, but just the S/S that my body gives off, I'm not doing the basal temp and ovulation kits and all that.

So anyways I never knew there was such thing as ovulation pain (or cramps) until the other day, well today I got them, not for the first time just the first time I knew what it was. I was looking up info on it and noticed that most articles say you usually only get the pains/cramps on one side a month and this month mine are on both sides..... does this mean if I was to get pregnant this month I could get pregnant with twins?? Twins would kinda be awesome (even my SD wants twins lol) but it would mean a definite c-section at this point for me, I don't want another c-section ever if I can help it.

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM
When I notice ovulation pain, it's always on both sides and I've never had twins.

How did being further along cause problems? Did they try stopping your labor thinking the baby was premature?
Because otherwise that's a pretty good position to be in, much better then the opposite. Then they aren't pressuring you for an induction thinking your 40 weeks when your really only 37.
Your body will go into labor when it's ready, whatever you think your due date is :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beauty1889
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

yes, I went into labor "early" and they stopped my labor then when my water broke I never went into labor so I had to have a c section

Quoting larissalarie:

When I notice ovulation pain, it's always on both sides and I've never had twins.

How did being further along cause problems? Did they try stopping your labor thinking the baby was premature?
Because otherwise that's a pretty good position to be in, much better then the opposite. Then they aren't pressuring you for an induction thinking your 40 weeks when your really only 37.
Your body will go into labor when it's ready, whatever you think your due date is :-)

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I'm sorry :-(

Quoting beauty1889:

yes, I went into labor "early" and they stopped my labor then when my water broke I never went into labor so I had to have a c section

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:00 AM

The thought of conceiving twins scares the pants off me, too!   I had a VBAC in January after a rather emotionally traumatic c-section in 2011.  The gals in the CM group VBAC Moms really helped me through it and my recent VBAC. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have twins, but a VBAC of twins would be an incredibly rare occurance.  Even if  you could find a hospital that would go for it, you'd have a hard time finding a provider... and Midwives in my state can't attend a twin birth.  :(

Also, if you're hoping for a VBAC in the future, know that most providers want 18 months between your section and your VBAC.

(Sorry I don't have any advice about the OP!)

beauty1889
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I would love to talk to some moms tgat have had vbacs. My son is currently 16 months and I am not pregnant yet, so there should be 2 years between deliveries

Quoting GoodyBrook:

The thought of conceiving twins scares the pants off me, too!   I had a VBAC in January after a rather emotionally traumatic c-section in 2011.  The gals in the CM group VBAC Moms really helped me through it and my recent VBAC. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have twins, but a VBAC of twins would be an incredibly rare occurance.  Even if  you could find a hospital that would go for it, you'd have a hard time finding a provider... and Midwives in my state can't attend a twin birth.  :(

Also, if you're hoping for a VBAC in the future, know that most providers want 18 months between your section and your VBAC.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM

There are a few mamas in this group that have had VBACs, so you might get some responses here.  Or you can join VBAC Mamas to chat over there.  Or PM me anytime!  :)

Quoting beauty1889:

I would love to talk to some moms tgat have had vbacs. My son is currently 16 months and I am not pregnant yet, so there should be 2 years between deliveries

Quoting GoodyBrook:

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:17 PM

It is always predominant on one side, but sometimes generally felt on both.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I always feel ovulation pain on both sides and I never had twins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)