Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you get bed rails?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 14 Replies
I'm gonna need a bed rail for ds due I nov. we have a Cali king and it seems like the mattress is super tall, anyone have/solve this issue?
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I never used bedrails...we had the bed against the wall, but generally baby slept in the middle

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I have found bedrails at babiesrus that would work. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Mostly, I preferred pushing one side of our bed against the wall.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
That's my next option, but I'd rather sleep on the outside lol.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I never used bedrails...we had the bed against the wall, but generally baby slept in the middle

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Will look there thanks! I'm hoping to stay on the outside lol

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Mostly, I preferred pushing one side of our bed against the wall.. :o) 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Babiesrus is the only place I've seen super tall bed rails. But they are expensive. I actually just sidecarred a crib to my bed and it worked much better! It gave us more room too :)

Quoting catholicmamamia:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Oh I used risers to raise the crib up higher. Our bed is 33 inches off the floor to the top so it is tall lol. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I bought mine at babies r us too. A piece of advice, don't get the extendable one. Once they get old enough to mess around with it, it begins to break. My three year old broke hers last year by standing on it. Even with one side of the bed against the wall it's safer to have a rail. I don't know how women always say they keep the baby on one side of them, because I have always had to nurse from both sides during the night, meaning baby went on both sides of me. I don't like to sleep by the wall, so after the first few weeks I stop doing it and I sleep on the open side. The bed rail is great because it doesn't need to cover top to bottom. By the time baby can crawl all the way down the bed (coordinated enough to do it without waking you) they're usually old enough to get down by themselves. And who wouldn't notice a baby crawling on their pillow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM
We won't have a crib to sidecar I wish I'd known about that earlier with dd we discovered that when she was like 6 mos!!! Then it went to a full bed when she was 15 mos.

Quoting jconney80:

Babiesrus is the only place I've seen super tall bed rails. But they are expensive. I actually just sidecarred a crib to my bed and it worked much better! It gave us more room too :)

Quoting catholicmamamia:

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM
We won't have a crib to sidecar I wish I'd known about that earlier with dd we discovered that when she was like 6 mos!!! Then it went to a full bed when she was 15 mos.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)