Today is a big day! Update 1...Final Update!
Today is the day we decide what we are doing for the rest of our prenatal care and the birth!
I see my midwife today (the one who disagrees with my glucose test views) and my husband and I are going to have a LONG talk with her about the test and if there is any other way. I was told no by the reseptionist but I'm hoping maby the midwife will cut me a break. If not I want to know if we are truly on the same page with EVERYTHING else because if I do take the test and stay I don't want any surprises.
We also call a new midwife today who does homebirths BUT she is 45 min away and we don't have a car so she'd have to be willing to let us do our own prenatal care and just come to deliver the baby, which I think is a long shot. We are also asking her if she knows of anyone closer.
If both those options fail we will be doing our own prenatal care and getting ready for a planned UC!
Wish us luck and I'll be sure to update as to what happened :)
Hubby is talking to the homebirth midwife on the phone right now...she agrees that the fruit smoothie probably messed up my glucose test and it's silly to force me to take the 3 hour when I'm willing to do finger pricks. My husband is trying to set up a consultation now...then we need to run to our "old" midwifes for an appointment... I'll let you know more when we get back.
(and yes I do feel updates are needed. lol)
Sorry it took me a while to update but we had A LOT of thinking to do! Our midwife who delivers at the birth center decided to work with us as is trying to find a way around the 3 hour test, plus the new midwife if willing to work with us so we had all 3 options to decide between. lol
After many pro's and con's lists, lot's of thought, and hours worth of talking with my husband we decided that we are switching to doing our own prenatal care and planning our very first UC :)
We are also have a consultation with the homebirth midwife sometime in the next week or so at our place when she comes to town for a birth. We don't think we'll be using her because she wants a $500 dollar deposit out of pocket incase she doesn't deliver the baby and I don't like the idea of paying her for a delivery she didn't do, we are meeting with her still though because if she'll waive the fee I do like the option of being able to have her on stand by if we get nervous last min and change our minds.
So at this point we are planning a UC....I'm so excited!!!!