Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I'm freaking out

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have 3 daughters and am 33 weeks along with a boy, who is the happy result of a vasectomy failure.  Lots of things have been different with this pregnancy and I'm starting to wonder if labor will be very different, which worries me.  I feel like I'm good at labor but also it's not a super fab time to be thrown a curve ball.

I am morbidly afraid of spinal blocks and c sections and anything else in that cateagory.  I am so afraid they will tell me they need to numb me and cut me open, and I'll either go along or won't and it will be the wrong choice.

Anyone have one delivery or pregnancy that was radically different from the others?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MacMamaof5
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Whatsoever ye thinketh, so shall it be.  Begin to visualize a successful, non-invasive delivery and watch the wonders it will do for you.  Also, educated yourself on life's proceedure of birth..or shall I say--re-educate.  Then pray and meditate.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My dd's birth was way worse then ds.

Ellie-Mae
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body knows what to do. Trust it. And congratulations!
3kidz123
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM

This pregnancy I'm having now is diffrent then my others. I also have developed the c-section fear. lol

I've never had one before but I have been more aware of interventions and the problems they cause this time around. My husband and I actually just decided to plan for a UC and I'm actually really excited! Is that an option for you? If it is it may put many of your fears to rest knowing you'll be in control of your labor and delivery plus you'll get the comfort of a home labor :)

ReeseStrickland
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM

So here is an update.....I went to the OB today and they actually discovered that the cord is loosely around babies neck and over the top of this head, and that my cervix is more effaced than it should me for 33 weeks.   Because I've always delivered naturally at just over 37 weeks, and always had a dramatic water breakage followed soon after by a baby popping out like a ball from a cannon, I need to be induced right at 37 weeks and stay on bedrest until then.

I feel like he will be okay but it's frustrating, because my husband was not at this appointment and he's not really grasping the whole concept of bedrest.  He's making these messes in the house and says he'll get to it later, and I keep explaining that I am here with 3 kids, not at work, so it's not so easy for me to ignore.  My kids are older and helpful but they shouldn't be picking up after their Dad just because he can't be considerate for 3 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN