Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

waterbirth at home?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 19 Replies
32 weeks pregnant and planning.a home waterbirth. I have a midwife but she will remain hands of unless i ask for her help. Has anyone ever had a homebirth? Was it a waterbirth? This will be my first time going natural. My first i had an epidural. I am excited about the opportunity. Anyone go through this or planning on doing this?
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3kidz123
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I'm 30 weeks and planning an UC but never had a water birth. I would imagine it's just like a home birth only with a birthing tub. With my last child I almost had an un planned water birth but decided to get out last min. It was very calm, I was in the tub and the only thing my midwife said was to make sure I was covered down there so the baby came out in the water and not half in half out.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
I couldn't afford a hb, but I did have an amazing hospital birth and a tub labor with a hands-off mw. It was like giving birth at home, just inside different walls.
GL! I'm a little envious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preggyyoung
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I forgot to put what did you wear or was it in the nude? I plan on being nude.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I'm having a water birth in the next few weeks at home with a midwife.  Waterbirth is giving birth in a pool or tub of water.  This is my 5th child and my first natural birth

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

bump

sikau
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I had a home waterbirth in June 2012.  It was amazing!  The water made a huge difference for me.  After labor started, I couldn't sit or lay down, only stand and sway.  I wanted to sit so badly, but sitting made me soooo uncomfortable.  The moment I got in the pool, I was able to sit and relax for the first time in hours.  I spent the rest of my labor in the pool and delivered there.  I wore a spaghetti strap top while in the water (mostly because it never occurred to me to change into something else or take it off, haha).  I definitely recommend utilizing the water if it's available, home, hospital, wherever.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Loved my home water birth! I also love walking in my bathroom and the memories I get every time I see the tub my son was born in :)
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quoting jellyphish:

Good luck!
I couldn't afford a hb, but I did have an amazing hospital birth and a tub labor with a hands-off mw. It was like giving birth at home, just inside different walls.
GL! I'm a little envious!

wow! Where you are hospitals are cheaper?
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Congrats! :) i never had a waterbirth but am planning ny third homebirth, they were all.amazing experiences :)
sm12
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

In 2010 I had a waterbirth with my first at a free standing birth center.  We are using the same midwives/birth center but they were already full but made an exception for us so if they are not busy with other moms during the time i go into labor then we will get to have our home waterbirth otherwise we will have to go to the birth center.  It sounds silly but the only concern i have is filling the birthing pool and then having to empty it out - all that water!  After my last delivery in a big birthing pool I am afraid my tub is really small that's why I want to get  a birthing pool.  Good luck to you!  The first time I got into the water felt so amazing!  I wish all women had the opportunity to at least labor in water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)