Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

anyone have a natural birth ?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
33 weeks pregnant with second child. It will be dh first. I am.very nervous cause i am planning a natural hands off home waterbirth. Anyone have any advice on how to cope with pain? Was your birth at a hospital, birth center or at home? Was it a waterbirth? What did you wear or did you go nude?
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:09 PM
My second was an all natural hospital birth with a water labor. And it freakig rocked! The tub was AMAZING! Breathing was my other tool. And I bounced on a birthing ball before I left home, that helped a lot too.
I brought a sports nursing bra and skirt to wear, but ended up just going totally nude from tub to post-kangaroo care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Natural birth, at a hospital.  Gown provided by hospital.  Very quick, easy labor and delivery.  Delivered at 36 weeks.

ReeseStrickland
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

3 natural births and LOVE it.  We discovered on the last one that if my husband held me under the armpits and gently hoisted upwards with the contractions it cut the pain in half.

Also standing with legs apart and arms out and gently rocking back and forth with a steady rhythm while I'm still mobile has done wonders for me and just helps guide baby where he needs to go.

Good Luck!  And don't stress over pain.  It will hurt, and then it will stop hurting, and that's it.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am planning a homebirth too..37 weeks pregnant myself.  I plan to go nude or wear very little and I have been told moving is the big thing for birthing

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM
5 natural home births.

Listen to your body. Try to focus on relaxing your abdomen during contractions. Shower, relax in a bath, walk, squat, lay on your side, sit on a birth/exercise ball, hands and knees position, sing, cry, hang on your SO/doula, etc...

Eat and drink to keep up your energy. Rest when you can.
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I've had 3 natural births in the hospital, planning my 4th next month.

Take one contraction at a time, try to relax and focus on something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmieLu
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM
We did! I wore some pajama pants and a big tshirt through most of my labor. In the birth tub I wore only a sports bra. If you are more comfortable naked, go for it. You will probably end up naked at the end anyways to let baby nurse and let your vagina rest. We were at a birth center.

As far as helping with pain.. just try new positions whenever you can. The biggest thing for me was to just let it happen. The more you try to resist it, the more confused your body will be, and the more pain you will have. Fear tells your brain to tell your body to STOP whatever its doing. Just relax and breathe and let it happen.
Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I've had two, one in the hospital and one unassisted at home. I wore regular clothes for the first part of labor and then went nude for the rest after I got out of the shower or birthing tub.

If you'll be in the hospital I really recommend hiring a doula. Make sure your labor support knows your plans and how to help you. A great resource is The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin.

Stay out of bed, don't get an IV, wear your own clothes, decline frequent vaginal exams. You can do it!

lulu_tattoos
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I had a pretty natural birth but it was in hospital and there was no tub available ( but I was ok to use the shower if I wanted). No major interventions other than light monitoring here and there and I went nude for most of it.

After having two pitocin-induced epidural births before that, I would never deliver with intervention again. My next birth will either be at home or at The Farm, depending on finances.
butterflyk1ssez
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

me :) natural waterbirth at home on 5/12. I wore a tank top and underwear. Underwear came off when i got in the birthing pool.

i swayed and walked and in early labor i leaned over a stack of pillows on all four on m bed. i suggest moaning, "om'ing" and rocking and having someone there to remind you to keep your hands, jaw and shoulders relaxed.

i refused to sit or lay down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)