Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Multivitamins for kids

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

At what age do you give your children multivitamins and what kind do you use? Does a nursing toddler who eats a lot of fruits and veggies even need multivitamins??

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

A nursing toddler doesnt need hem at all, once weaned maybe.  My kids dont get any but its more because I am forgetful

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 PM
My don't get vitamins, bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My weaned children take juice plus instead of vitamins
Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I just started giving my weaned, almost 2.5 year old vitamins and fish oil. He's usually a great eater for hs age,  but I noticed he had white spots on his fingernails (zinc deficiency) so I thought they might be a good idea. He's getting the vitacost brand ones.

housewifehell
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I have completly stopped giving my kids multi vitamins because they are so loaded with junk. My kids are super sensitive to chemicals and when they got their vitamins they would act insane so now its just a good diet and they have everything they need.

mjrex87
by Mindy on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind!

Quoting Precious333:

My weaned children take juice plus instead of vitamins

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Yep

Quoting housewifehell:

I have completly stopped giving my kids multi vitamins because they are so loaded with junk. My kids are super sensitive to chemicals and when they got their vitamins they would act insane so now its just a good diet and they have everything they need.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't give the kids vitamins.  I would give a toddler vitamins that nurses much less eats lots of fruits and veggies.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM

We buy a brand that has no extra ingredients or chemicals. Especially no food dyes or sugar! I only give them one as they get older. My kids are very picky eaters due to sensory problems so I do give them to them. We are very healthy eaters and have always raised them that way but sadly they won't touch veggies. 

Quoting housewifehell:

Indiemom880
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I'm not a fan of vitamins. I just haven't seen any research that points to them being necessary. We evolved to get our nutrients from food. Our ancestors didn't do vitamins. We just try to do a healthy overall diet. :-)

*Unless there is some health problem that makes them necessary. Don't stop taking them if the doctor says they are necessary to help treat some health issue. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)