Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Dr. Christopher's Birth Prep

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
Anyone use this? http://www.drchristopher.com/products/capsules/birth-prep/ From what I read it looks good to take at end of pregnancy, however the black cohosh root has me second guessing purchasing it. Anyone have advice? Thanks!
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope. But the cohoshes are a big no no. They can induce labor, and not in a healthy way. I wouldn't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swedemomma
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for letting me know. It sounded good in theory and from reviews until I started looking into it more. I'll stay far away. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM
NP! What are you looking for? RRL is THE pregnant mama's herb, it's awesome for about everything pregnancy/birth/pp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swedemomma
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Just researching to see if I'm missing anything. It will be almost 5yrs since I last give birth and feel that I remember nothing. I had both my other two naturally at a birth center and am planning the same. I know my body can do it, but didn't know if there was anything to help it. I just ordered 2cases of the tea.  With my first I used EPO at the end, bu my 2nd came at 37wks s I hadn't started it yet. I drank the tea starting in my 3rd trimester, which starts soon. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't take it for the above reasons.

I drink RRL and nettle teas liberally all 9 months because they have so many vitamins and minerals. RRL is most effective with long-term use and not a labor inducer so you may want to start it right away.

swedemomma
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

How much RRLT shoud I drink. I'm 26wks and started 1 cup a day. Should I drink more as I get closer? I just had mc last summer, so was worried of starting it before now. I already have tons of Braxton hicks contractions too, not sure if that makes a difference. 

What are nettle teas?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM

My Midwife had me using a RRLT mixed with nettle and comfrey to help with prepping fo rbirth and raise iron levels...1 quart a day lol..

TippyD
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I drink a cup a day of RRL tea and am only 7ish weeks pregnant:) 

GoodyBrook
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Midwife suggested two quarts of RRL, Nettle, and Alfalfa tea per day during the last trimester. ..

VintageWife
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN