Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

getting into the doula world *edit added

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hey all! I know i have seen several other ladies post about this but i just want advice. I am getting into doulaing and possibly have my first unofficial client. She is a good friend of mine and she is due in oct. I've read several books and am still reading...lol. any advice would be greatly welcome. She is gpimg to a dr that none of my other doula fri3nds or midwife friends are familiar with so thay makes me a bite nervous. Not sure how he will take an in training doula.

Edit* I am needing advice from doulas and/or midwives about training programs and working with clients on ur own learning by experience too. I'm not planning on getting certified persay because eventually I will be going for a midwife program, just getting my foot in door right now doulaing because I have a young Chile.
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
swedemomma
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I would start by going to her next appt to meet her doctor. Or if she hasn't brought up the fact you'd be her doula she can talk to her doctor next appt about having a doula and you could go the time after. Good luck!

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Bump
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Just get on the doctors good side, smile and nod.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM

But really if you do get to meet the doctor before labor time just explain to him your intention on trying to make her feel comfortable and not get in his way.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I'm not really sure since I've never been through it. I would try to find out this specific Drs policies and the sooner the better.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

bump

skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Bump for edits
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN