Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tips for healing after a csection?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 16 Replies

i had my baby girl on the 4th of july.  tried for a vbac, but ended with a csection.  im feeling fairly well and have cut down on the pain meds a bit (if i dont keep up with them regularly i feel like crap and can barely move, but with them i feel pretty good).

so i was wondering what i can do to help with the healing process.  im nursing, taking a prenatal, trying to eat well (hard when i cant get to the store and dh doesnt want to go) and drinking the red raspberry leaf tea i have leftover (which is plenty haha)... i can only assume if it strengthens the uterus for labor and is beneficial for breastfeeding that it is also good after a csection.

any tips or advice? thanks :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Drink lots of water and walk! i walked a ton after my second csection and healed up faster and better then with my first when I babied my body. Movement is good for getting things back to normal. 

ohmandy
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM

ive been downing water and ive been trying to keep semi active around the house.  we went for a littl

e walk a couple days ago, but its either been insanely humid or raining.  i was hoping to get out tonight but thunderstorms and newborns dont mix haha.

Quoting Nicolle_09

Drink lots of water and walk! i walked a ton after my second csection and healed up faster and better then with my first when I babied my body. Movement is good for getting things back to normal. 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

nope that doesnt mix lol both of my boys were born in winter so i know how hard it is to get out. 

Quoting ohmandy:

ive been downing water and ive been trying to keep semi active around the house.  we went for a littl

e walk a couple days ago, but its either been insanely humid or raining.  i was hoping to get out tonight but thunderstorms and newborns dont mix haha.

Quoting Nicolle_09

melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Its major abdominal surgery. And its only been just over a week. Continue taking the meds as needed and don't over do the activity level.
Congrats on the newbie!!! :)
The_Doodle
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Walk. Walk all the time. It sounds weird but it really does help the pain.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

YOu may want a support belt many moms with csections find that helpful

ohmandy
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM

the ones from the hosptial? they gave me 2 and it def helps (even though the velcro is annoying haha).  its weird how much better i feel moving around with it on vs off.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

YOu may want a support belt many moms with csections find that helpful

Naegore
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Move around. It hurts, but you don't want to be stationary for too long. Do simple things like walk through your house and start to incorporate your daily schedule back into your life. 

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I began lap swimming at 6 weeks post c-section.  REALLY helped bounce me back...  (Well, physically at least!)

Did you encapsulate your placenta?  I imagine it'd do good for your recover!

ohmandy
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM

no, i looked into it a bit, but we're on a pretty tight budget and i couldnt find anything in a price range i could justify.

i'll keep the swimming in mind.  the YMCA near us has some free tuesdays promo, not sure if it extends the entire summer.  i love swimming!!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I began lap swimming at 6 weeks post c-section.  REALLY helped bounce me back...  (Well, physically at least!)

Did you encapsulate your placenta?  I imagine it'd do good for your recover!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)