Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Confessions?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 29 Replies

We do one of these every once in awhile so I thought I'd post another one lol. What are some of your non-natural confessions? Candy, store bought items, junk food cravings? 

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I think the worst thing I do is drink soda. I refuse to drink diet so I will drink sugary filled caffeinated soda. I know it is so bad. I don't do it often  and usually drink coffee instead. I'm trying really hard to going back to not drinking it ever.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I drink Starbucks and/or dunkin donuts coffee once a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I'm worse, I drink diet soda :-(
And the only way I like coffee is if it's sugar filled, favored style.

Quoting jconney80:

I think the worst thing I do is drink soda. I refuse to drink diet so I will drink sugary filled caffeinated soda. I know it is so bad. I don't do it often  and usually drink coffee instead. I'm trying really hard to going back to not drinking it ever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

My list is long. I try to be good but I usually have a crap food snack every few days.  

Also, I was induced at 36 w for eclampsia.  When I think about going to 42 I think it's crazy - I was so miserable at 36 I couldn't imagine another 6 weeks.  I feel guilty for being happy I didn't have to go that long.  But then again I gained like 60 lbs my last week and was very sick so maybe if it was normal I would have been okay going longer.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I used to drink diet soda too :( After my mom got cancer I was like never again. But I'm sure regular soda is just as bad. Blech! I put sugar in my coffee too. I don't use creamer but I do use a lot of sugar lol. I drink very strong coffee too. Normal people's coffee is like weak tea to me. But I'm chronically sleep deprived so that is how I cope lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting jconney80:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM

They really do have good coffee. I don't ever drink it but I do love Starbucks lol

Quoting hapababies:

I drink Starbucks and/or dunkin donuts coffee once a week.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Oh I bet you can't live without caffeine with all the sleep issues going on. That's how I always get sucked back into my soda drinking, a bad night with the kids and I'm so tired I justify it and go get one, or my hubby will know it was a bad night because I text him so he brings me one home.
Thankfully my little kids sleep well most of the time, idk what I'd do if it happened a lot!

Quoting jconney80:

I used to drink diet soda too :( After my mom got cancer I was like never again. But I'm sure regular soda is just as bad. Blech! I put sugar in my coffee too. I don't use creamer but I do use a lot of sugar lol. I drink very strong coffee too. Normal people's coffee is like weak tea to me. But I'm chronically sleep deprived so that is how I cope lol

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting jconney80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I love crap food. I know academically it's gross, but it tastes good, especially fast food. I do control myself but I know I indulge way more than other "natural" parents I know. I also have a pop problem. I drink regular coke, regularly. I do get the caffeine free kind, but I'm not sure that is all that much beter. 

littlelambe2
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM

My weaknesses are salt and vinegar chips and ice cream - particularly any coffee flavor with chocolate and nuts. When it's not in the house, I don't crave it. When it's in the house, it's gone in a flash!

I also don't compost. Even though I could and should. Dh has a compost pile where he dumps the grass clippings, and dd has a worm bin that we feed every once in a while, but I just plum forget or I'm too lazy to compost daily. 

PI could never give up Heinz ketchup or pace salsa. No matter the sugar content and GMOs. Well, I shouldn't say never. May e it'll happen one of these days :)

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I have a paper towel addiction.  Like today I had some juicy raw meat overflow onto my 'fridge shelf.  So rather than wipe it up with a sponge, I use paper towels and throw them away.

Is there a 12-step program out there for this?  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)