Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Breast feeding diet

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 30 Replies
My doctor told me that my two week old baby might have colic so I have to make some changes in my diet... No spicy food, diary, broccoli, or anything else that causes gas. What am I supposed to eat!? Lol help :(
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Why does your doctor think colic? What is happening? Colic basically means the doc has no idea what's wrong, but we can help!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
If its tummy problems you can drink chamomile tea and he'll get it from your milk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It is unlikely baby is sensitive to all of those foods. It'd be more likely that baby has a dairy sensitivity. Is baby projectile vomiting? How does babies poop look? Describe what you mean by colicky.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Colic is just a term doctors use when they have no idea what's going on.
When you have a letdown, do you spray milk or leak alot? When baby nurses does he/she choke, gulp, sputter milk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaBlue92
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Every night between 11 and midnight my two week old baby will start wanting to nurse non stop... He'll nurse for an hour, stop, throw up, then continue to nurse for another 2 hours or more! I try to unlatch him and he gets extremely fussy, starts grunting, hitting and kicking me. So I latch him back on and he's still fussy! What could be the problem? He's not this bad during the day.

Quoting ceckyl:

Why does your doctor think colic? What is happening? Colic basically means the doc has no idea what's wrong, but we can help!

BellaBlue92
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting jellyphish:

If its tummy problems you can drink chamomile tea and he'll get it from your milk

BellaBlue92
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
When he throws up it doesn't shoot across the room or anything, but it's A LOT of fluid. I have no idea what's normal for spitting up, I'm a first time mom. His poop looks normal, brownish greenish and runny. The doctor thinks its colic because of what I said up there ^ about his fussy eating habits and she listened to his tummy and said he was gassy.

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

It is unlikely baby is sensitive to all of those foods. It'd be more likely that baby has a dairy sensitivity. Is baby projectile vomiting? How does babies poop look? Describe what you mean by colicky.

BellaBlue92
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Yes when I have a let down I leak like crazy, and these past couple days it's been hurting whenever I get one too. He'll occasionally choke, gulp, and sputter milk, but it doesn't happen every feeding.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Colic is just a term doctors use when they have no idea what's going on.

When you have a letdown, do you spray milk or leak alot? When baby nurses does he/she choke, gulp, sputter milk?

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Ok so the choking sounds like OAL. Try reclined nursing with baby on top of the breast so babe can better control the flow. Also, it is very normal for a baby to have a fussy period and a time of cluster feeding. Nothing sounds wrong with that at all.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM

http://www.pyloricstenosis.net/

My cousins babies all had this.  But she said they would projectile vomit.  Sounds like it happens just when he's cluster feeding.  Hopefully he will quickly grow out of it.  Let us know if the chamomile tea helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)