Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite flower to grow?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

What is your favorite flower to grow? What about cut flowers?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

My thumb is the furthest thing from green so I don't grow flowers. But I love sunflowers.

Brieshon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Anything that eventually turns into food or supports the bees, lol! I'm not really a fan of flowers that just sit there looking/smelling pretty - I would rather put my limited time into growing food!
maddiesmommy5
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I have to pick just one:( probably my lillies or dahlias but its too hard to decide I heart them all.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I used to feel this way too. But I've been going to the botanical gardens and the butterfly wonderland and it makes me want to plant some pretty butterfly-attracting flowers. :)
Plus I like the flowers that repel bugs.

I need a yard. And a green thumb. Or at least a thumb that isn't black.

Quoting Brieshon:

Anything that eventually turns into food or supports the bees, lol! I'm not really a fan of flowers that just sit there looking/smelling pretty - I would rather put my limited time into growing food!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brieshon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a black thumb until this year! This is the first time I've grown something edible, lol. My husband is a freaking garden wizard, so he's been teaching me! I planted almost our entire garden this year and it all is doing great, except the bed where the chickens snuck in, lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

I used to feel this way too. But I've been going to the botanical gardens and the butterfly wonderland and it makes me want to plant some pretty butterfly-attracting flowers. :)

Plus I like the flowers that repel bugs.

I need a yard. And a green thumb. Or at least a thumb that isn't black.

Quoting Brieshon:

Mariah-1987
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Lilacs. I know they are a tree/bush but I love them. They are pretty and smell so good. Same with honeysuckle. Oh and catalpa trees. I wish I could bottle the essence of catalpa and take it everywhere with me.
Sarah725
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Sunflowers

monalisasus
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My dh is a flower farmer and im a florist so we love them all for diff reasons...the most impressive in the greenhouse are dalphiniums and dahlias they are taller than me. I love working with peonies, baptisia, and freesia. I love sunflowers personally, im a summer girl and the oil smells amazing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June - admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM

My husband takes care of growing flowers, but I love begonias.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Peonies, I think. Cut flowers my favorite is gladiolus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)