Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Umb. Cord STILL attached at 6 Weeks!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 26 Replies
Has anyone else been through this? Why is it taking soooo long to fall off?
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
It always feel off within 2 weeks with my kids. Heere's a bump
3kidz123
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Not a clue...did you ask your pedi?

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I assume you mean the stump?

My kids' have been off within 3 days of birth but 6 weeks seems abnormally long to me.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM
How are you caring for it? That does seem abnormally long to me too.
Kadawn
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Yaa the ped checked it at 2 weeks and 4 weeks and said it was fine but to wipe it with alcohol which I was doing a couple times a day, (instead of every diaper change because it seems pretty harsh) I started noticing a slightly foul smell this morning though so I called and they are seeing him in the morning..I just cant believe its been this long! 

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:31 PM
My dds only came off at 3 weeks because I accidentally ripped it off :(
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Try goldenseal.

Quoting Kadawn:

Yaa the ped checked it at 2 weeks and 4 weeks and said it was fine but to wipe it with alcohol which I was doing a couple times a day, (instead of every diaper change because it seems pretty harsh) I started noticing a slightly foul smell this morning though so I called and they are seeing him in the morning..I just cant believe its been this long! 

Kadawn
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM

ooo ouch!! Hopefully LO wasnt too bothered! It seems like that happens quite a bit though

Quoting jmaw89:

My dds only came off at 3 weeks because I accidentally ripped it off :(

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM

The alcohol recommendation goes back and forth. I was told to with my first (2008) and NOT to with my second (2010). Both times I skipped alcohol and just used breast milk. You could try that. I also think that golden seal is a great idea if you can get your hands on some. Good luck at the appt! :) 

Quoting Kadawn:

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008), Caidence(2010), Baby3 (2013). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF & EH, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

Kadawn
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)