Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Did anyone encapsulate your placenta?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

HI!
After I had my daughter I experienced extreme highs and lows with lots of crying. I felt like I was going crazy half the time and I felt so bad for my SO. He handled it all amazingly but I would really like to avoid that again.

I am curious about any info to do with consuming your placenta and encapsulating it yourself. We don't really have the money to pay anyone to do it.

Thanks!

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I had someone else encapsulate it for 100. Did wonders for my moods. Increased my milk supply. And I didn't have those hot flashes in those first few weeks like I did with my other children. Honestly it creeped me out at first so I read up on it to conscience myself. Really really helped with the baby blues(that was why I did it). Tip, take it with OJ, because even encapsulated it had a certain smell, OJ helps cover that.
Luckymommy1987
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I plan on getting mine done with this baby. I've watched YouTube videos on how to do it yourself but idk if I'm completely comfortable with that. I still have time to decide though, 4 months left!!!!
TimeKat
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting Luckymommy1987:

I plan on getting mine done with this baby. I've watched YouTube videos on how to do it yourself but idk if I'm completely comfortable with that. I still have time to decide though, 4 months left!!!!

I didn't know there were Youtube videos about it! I'll have to check those out

TimeKat
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lynette:

I had someone else encapsulate it for 100. Did wonders for my moods. Increased my milk supply. And I didn't have those hot flashes in those first few weeks like I did with my other children. Honestly it creeped me out at first so I read up on it to conscience myself. Really really helped with the baby blues(that was why I did it). Tip, take it with OJ, because even encapsulated it had a certain smell, OJ helps cover that.

Hmmm I'm hoping my Midwives might know someone that does it. Thanks for the tip!

Luckymommy1987
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Oh yeah there are quite a few! Lol. It seems really easy but ughhh I just don't know!!!! It's much better than paying $100-$250 for someone else to do it. Watch a few and let me know how you felt. Dh doesn't care either way so I'm on the fence by myself lol

Quoting TimeKat:

Quoting Luckymommy1987:

I didn't know there were Youtube videos about it! I'll have to check those out

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I plan to this time but didnt before..everyone I know swers by the pills

katielovesyou21
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:24 PM

i just watched a youtube video on it. i dont know if i would have the stomach to do it myself. however my grandma is a rn and i may get her to do it fingers crossed

danichaos
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I did it, I just followed the steps I found online and ordered an encapsulation kit from pbi
rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I did mine myself and 2 of my friends. All three cost a total of $9!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)