Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Links and Info Needed for a Blog Post

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

I randomly blog, sometimes about life, to rant or for educational/informative reasons. 

Well due to some recent FB posts Ive been seeing from IRL friends that are new ftm I am looking to do a three part informative blog post on how warped and screwed up todays society is about pregnancy, birth and child raising. Well I really dont have a collection of informative links and any of these topic. Im wanting to cover as much as possible about all of them.  Any links or references would be great. 

Thank you   simple smile

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Give us some specifics, if you don't mind...

Are you talking about how messed up it is to consider a due date an "expiration date" and harvest the kiddo on or before the due date arrives?

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Pregnancy: how doctors have to be hands on with everything, how ultrasounds have to be used, all things around due dates, excuses to have baby early, going over due, scare tactics used, etc...

Birth: due dates, scare tactics, why csections are seen as better, why natural birth is now a scary 'dangerous' choice, interventions, post birth precedures and tests, etc...

Child raising: (non of this referes to those suffering PPD or anything like that) parents not wanting to spend time with their baby, CIOing, sticking baby alone in their own room, bed sharing, baby wearing, etc...

Practically anything and everything that seems natural but society deems un-natural. 

Hope that helps, its late and im tired lol

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Give us some specifics, if you don't mind...

Are you talking about how messed up it is to consider a due date an "expiration date" and harvest the kiddo on or before the due date arrives?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM

What a about a list of good books to read..

http://www.amazon.com/The-Business-Baby-Corporations-ebook/dp/B008J4KZH2

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Im not sure books will work too well because I like to be able to link the articles directly into my blog for others to go to and look at but thanks I will look into them for myself lol

Quoting Sarah725:

What a about a list of good books to read..

http://www.amazon.com/The-Business-Baby-Corporations-ebook/dp/B008J4KZH2

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I love a lot of articles on Peaceful Parenting's blog! Drmomma.org I think it is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)