Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My birth story.

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 18 Replies
5 moms liked this

My labor started the night before July 5th. I was having back labor. It was hard for me to time the contractions because my back pain lasted longer than the actual contraction. They had stopped Thursday night. Friday morning they started back up. This time more intense. By 1 they were coming regularly. We called the midwife to let her know what's going on. She said call me if anything changes.
Oops, things changed and I didn't call. At this point the pain was in my back and hips. I decided to take a shower. It's about 2:30. Hubby takes the call. She hears me moaning and realizes that things have progressed. She told me not to push. I had the feeling to push. Note she's still 2 hrs away. She starts heading our way. Hubby called my mom and sister. Both didn't realize how far along I was. My sister's husband had to tell her it's time, he heard me in the background when hubby called to tell them. For some reason we decided to call mom back. She was still home, hubby wasn't happy. lol By the time they get here I'm on the bed leaning on my ball. My sister rubs my back and presses my hips together. I end up laying on my side. Midwife is on speaker phone telling me to breath and no pushing.  Easier said then done. lol My daughter has been in the room, but I kicked her out. Mom gave her some things to make hair pieces. It's after 4, I'm still on my side trying not to push when my water breaks. The midwife is still on speaker and letting me know she's almost here. She gets here at 4:45. I get on all fours. Then she has me stand and lean on the bed. That wasn't working well. She had me sit on the toilet. I pushed a few times. That's when I felt the ring of fire. I walk over to the bed. This time she has me lean against my husband. My arms are on his, my thighs are on his. We squat together. I had said I don't think I can do this. My midwife told me to reach down and touch my baby's head! After that I had this renewal of strength. Before all this happened I called my daughter into the room. I didn't want her to miss it. My whole body is shaking as I'm pushing. 5:18 my sister helped catch the baby! Oh my goodness it was an amazing experience!

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Thanks for sharing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Beautiful! :-)
monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM

<3

swedemomma
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM

That brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet birth story. Thanks for sharing!

GoodyBrook
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Wonderful!  (Next time a UC, as you were almost there this time???)

VintageWife
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Great story :) Would you have been okay if they hadn't made it?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

awesome story!

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Possibly. Especially since the midwife was there for the last 30 minutes of it.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Wonderful!  (Next time a UC, as you were almost there this time???)

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Probably, but I know my family was happy she arrived. lol

Quoting VintageWife:

Great story :) Would you have been okay if they hadn't made it?

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Awwwww :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN