Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

how old were your kids

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
when they started asking questions like ' how did the baby get there?'

I expected some questions from my oldest when I was pregnant with Matthew, the only things she asked were what that ' thing' was between his legs and why I was bleeding

between then and now, her and my middle child will ask questions when AF shows up

my explanation is usually 'mommy's body's get ready to have a baby every month and if there is no baby, her body gets rid of stuff it doesn't need'
they walk away fine with that

recently Katy wanted to see her birth pictures, I asked her what she thought
she said the baby looked gross but that it was cool
I forget how we got to this, but I had to explain that Matthew was taken out of me vs her and sister coming out of my vagina

she never once asked how the baby GOT there

part of me wants to ask her what all she may or may not know, the other part wants her to come to me

she is 6.5, sister will be 5 in Sept
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
larissalarie
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM
My 4 year old asked me how the baby got there with this pregnancy. My 2 year old doesn't understand the concept. My 14 year old knew about this stuff before the little siblings started arriving :-P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM
My almost six year old never asked. She stood right by my mw when her sister was born, and we talked a LOT about birth and pregnancy and babies. She has never asked how a baby gets into mommy's belly either though. I thought it was strange.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Im wondering this too, my 4.5 year old either doesnt care, hasnt got to that point yet or wont go through it. He didnt even care when I was pregnant with him one year old brother other then he was always excited to hear the heartbeat. 

JMmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Mine are almost 8, almost 6, 4 and 18m. I'm due any day now and between the 18m old and the coming baby, we have talked A LOT about how baby is going to come out. A lot. We have watched birth videos, looked at diagrams, googled, talked, etc. but it has all been about how baby gets out. No one has asked how baby gets in.
maddiesmommy5
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM

DD 7yrs has never asked how a baby gets in. She knows all about birth and a woman's menstrual cycle but has never asked how a baby comes to be, I think its strange but I am sure she will ask when she is ready.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Dd was 3. She asked shortly after her brother was born.
Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I never asked my parents. They had to tell me. I never really thought to ask, I guess.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

DD 7yrs has never asked how a baby gets in. She knows all about birth and a woman's menstrual cycle but has never asked how a baby comes to be, I think its strange but I am sure she will ask when she is ready.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Honestly my kids have never asked :(

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My 2 year old asked when I was pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN