Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who don't vaccinate...UPDATED W/ANOTHER QUESTION

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you just NOT do it, or do I HAVE to have an exemption form on hand for hospital delivery of a new baby or even when I go in for check ups with other children who I am not allowing to continue vaccinations?

*Thank you everyone. Do I have to have an exemption form for each child to keep on record since we homeschool?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Replies (21-23):
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I think it's all up to state laws. Some require a signature from a religious leader, others require a letter, others require you to just check the box. I really need to look into this more as my kids get closer to school age...

Quoting MacMamaof5:

If you state you have one for religious reasons, what do you state exactly?  Do you need verses from your resource?  A minister's letter?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I would have one at home for your own records in case it's needed.

by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Yuck. Finding a good dr is a PITA. Other practitioners you may consider: pcp, ND. There's a resource page in the choosing not to vax group listing some anti-vax friendly drs. You can also check for a good nd near you.

And legally you are not obligated to, nor can you be asked to, explain your religion or beliefs. "It's against my religious beliefs" is all you need to claim a religious exemption. No biblical citations necessary.
I know a few states require more be like a religious authority's signature or something, by most don't as that is infringement on your rights to religious freedom. Frankly, I don't know how those states get away with it.
Philosophical exemptions are even easier anyway.

Quoting MacMamaof5:

Trying to figure it all out myself.  So far, since I've moved, with the exception of 1 Doc who told me A final Hep A shot was not necessary for my child unless he was going out of the country, all others state in their brochure/paperwork basically "don't come here if you are against immunizations or even just wanting to delay them."  So--we might have to travel for our care to find someone.

Quoting jellyphish:

I would turn copies into your ped just to be safe, so in case you do get harassed/audited you have official records of them. I really don't know how that all works though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by June - admin on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM

In Wisconsin, you just have to check the religious exemption box.  I have to fill out that paperwork soon for my DD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)