Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you donate, sell or pass along outgrown clothing?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

When your kids outgrow their clothes, what do you do with them?

Save them for a younger sibling? Donate them, sell them or pass them to a friend or family member?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KMadsen
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

All of the above lol. I have a tote full of clothes that I'm saving. Those are my favorite outfits or ones that she never ended up wearing. Sometimes I sell stuff I don't want to keep but usually I just donate. I would pass them on to family/friends but the only one who has a girl younger than Naomi will need different sizes for the seasons. 

SotilSol
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We pass them along to cousins if they're still in good shape.

MaryJarrett
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Serenity's I save for Caidence. The rest get donated or given away. :)
Momma2013
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I plan on saving all of his clothes until I find out the gender of the next baby.

I've spent a lot of money on his clothes and a lot were gifts from family and friend, I feel like I should get the most out of them. After we're done - like REALLY done, I might donate or sell, it depends on the condition of the clothes.

Morrigan333
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I sell some and pass  some on to my nephew for his daughter. Although when he's done with those I'd like them back so that I CAN sell them and make a little money of of them.. Apparently he is very selfish and /or stupid because I keep asking for them back now that Bri is outgrown them..I never get them back(they live in De., we are in Md).   I'm sending no more his way for Bri..if he can't appreciate my generosity..then I won't be so generous. I'll keep em and sell em all.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

With my oldest I save the clothes for little brother and when he outgrows all clothing i sack it up and either give it to goodwill or a friend that has a little 3 month old boy

Graceplustwo
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I sell what I can, then give away rest to anyone I come across that needs them. My dd nb clothes I donated all the preemie size to nicu so other moms could have clothes for their unexpected preemie baby
funhappymom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Graceplustwo:

I sell what I can, then give away rest to anyone I come across that needs them. My dd nb clothes I donated all the preemie size to nicu so other moms could have clothes for their unexpected preemie baby

That's a great thing to do.

funhappymom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting Morrigan333:

I sell some and pass  some on to my nephew for his daughter. Although when he's done with those I'd like them back so that I CAN sell them and make a little money of of them.. Apparently he is very selfish and /or stupid because I keep asking for them back now that Bri is outgrown them..I never get them back(they live in De., we are in Md).   I'm sending no more his way for Bri..if he can't appreciate my generosity..then I won't be so generous. I'll keep em and sell em all.

Did you give them to him with the understanding that you wanted them back?

Josie_P
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:25 PM

We donate them to the orphanage we adopted our son from. But I still have a lot of things from dd1 and I just had dd2 so we'll adopt their clothes once dd2 outgrows them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)