Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any regrets about your natural birth?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just gave birth and really cant think of a thing I regret about it...maybe I will eventually.  It didnt go 100% as planned either.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2013
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Yes - it wasn't as natural as I wanted. Everyone supported me getting drugs :(

DH said I could, and I just wish he'd tried harder to talk me out of them. I thought before hand I'd made myself clear in that he needed to help me not get them, but it didn't work. I don't think he was comfortable seeing me in pain like that.

My next natural birth will truly be natural unless it's an emergency c-section.

Oh and I think I might get a birth photographer - well just a friend with a camera :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM
My first one, absolutely, it was not natural.
My second one, not really. I kinda wish I had given her more time to breast crawl, I felt rushed and pressured and let it get to me. She only tried for a few minutes before I put her on the breast. Other than that, it was an incredible experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymommy1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Nope. I don't regret a thing! :)

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I guess I havent seen the pics but I dont think there are good ones of the actual birth and my kiddos being in the room at the same time..I wish there had been a way for the whole family to be in the delivery pics. I did have a birth photographer
rjmac88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
My first natural birth, no regrets at all. My second... I regret so much. It was actually quite traumatic.
larissalarie
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:12 PM
No regrets at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

With DD (6yo):

Being in a hospital was my first mistake- but i learned about midwifes very late in pregnancy. Getting induced. Given demerol..

With DS (1yo):

1. I didnt film it... :( We brought the camera to the birthing center but never turned it on. I have no pics/video of me in labor. I wanted to see myself! lol

2. My DH cant handle me in labor, so I birthed alone with 2 midwifes. I wanted that bond/ to share that experience with me. Someone who could tell the story from a non-laboring/altered perception.

3. Screaming like I did ... I think I messed up something, sometimes when I talk now I feel something nasally that I never felt before.

4. My midwife offers a herbal bath afterward.. I skipped it & went home.. I should have taken it to have that "pampered" moment..

monalisasus
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

yes. I fought the pain instead of riding it. but thats about it the rest was perfect, long, but perfect. 

tuckermum
by Crysta on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM
It wasn't as natural as I wanted I let them break my water when I was at an 8 I had in my mind for some reason that it would ease the pain. I really wish I would of told her no especially since I wanted to experience my water breaking myself.
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I think I fought the pain too

Quoting monalisasus:

yes. I fought the pain instead of riding it. but thats about it the rest was perfect, long, but perfect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)