• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What natural parenting thing could you give up?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 28 Replies
If you had to choose to stop doing something, be it natural birth, breastfeeding, babywearing, have to vax, etc etc what would you choose?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This is tough because the natural parenting stuff I do I enjoy. I guess my answer would be giving up cloth diapers. I don't mind doing cloth, but I didn't cloth my first son and sposies are a bit easier to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monalisasus
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I would do the same cuz the rest of those options effect development.

Quoting hapababies:

This is tough because the natural parenting stuff I do I enjoy. I guess my answer would be giving up cloth diapers. I don't mind doing cloth, but I didn't cloth my first son and sposies are a bit easier to deal with.

JMmama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I like cloth but sometimes it is a great big giant pain. Sposies are simply more convenient.

Quoting hapababies:

jmaw89
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
How about making laundry soap?? Lol
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I could give up babywearing since I generally have to after about 15 or so pounds because of my back OR cloth diapers

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I was thinking along the same lines

Quoting monalisasus:

I guess I would do the same cuz the rest of those options effect development.

Quoting hapababies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

OK that works!!

Quoting jmaw89:

How about making laundry soap?? Lol

polkaspots
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I'm not sure. I don't have the funds to drop breastfeeding, cloth diapering or making my own stuff. Baby wearing would be the only thing I could actually do. It would make going out a pain in the butt though since I have two small children and only single strollers. I don't plan on getting a double stroller until after we move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Probably baby wearing. Don't have the money to go sposies. It would be a pain, though.
GoodyBrook
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I've not been lucky enough to have a natural birth, so I suppose I can give that up and not know what I'm missing.  The first was a section and the second was an induced VBAC...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)