Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you go to well child check ups?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you go to well child check ups?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

I know not everyone does well child check ups, do you?

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

yes but we dont vax. Im a first time mom so its pretty much to make sure he is ok lol :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Yes. My girls aren't vaxxed but go to all WBVs to have an established relationship with their ped and because he can check for things I can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkiebut
by Tiffany on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I do because there are so many things they look for that I would not know about. There is no "risk" in a physical exam anyway. We just had to leave our pediatrician (due to change in insurance) but she recommended one that should be great!
blessedfamily06
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yup 

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM
We do, but we also vaccinate. I love her doctor.
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I did with my first, but with my second I've been a bit more lax on attending...  He's 7 months old and has been to see the CPNP twice and the ND twice.  IFFFF I find someone I really like, I'll go regularly, but until then I'm not planning to go unless the kiddos are ill. 

I believe medical folks are professional enough to treat an illness without me having attended all well-child visits.  If they aren't, then I'll simply go to someone else...

taurusmom88
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM
the first year i try to do all the well child visits. with my oldest who is almost 6 we have missed i think 2. last year and i think his 2 year we missed. we are alternating my baby between a regular pedi and a ND because our insurance doesn't cover the ND, and we can't afford $100 every 2 months. once we are to the yearly well childs then we will do them with the ND
l0v3ly
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

We do but we do not vaccinate.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I didn't with my 3rd or 4th, but I am with my 5th because I found a vax friendly doctor and I'd like her to know my kids.

Before it was military doctors so it really didn't matter, they wouldn't know my kids anyways. 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Yes and No. 

We did every check till me son hit 4 years and my 18 month old went till he was a year. Now we skipped the 18 month check and not sure if we will do anymore with either yet since we stopped vaxing and we are planning on homeschooling. Although since Im headed back to school we might need a daycare which is why we are unsure if we need or will continue check ups. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)