Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

how did you do?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 5 Replies

hi im about 17 week preggers. mine and my boyfriends goal is to have a natural birth becuz ive heard that it helps bond you to the baby makes breastfeeding easyer ect. what i want is to hear how other people prepared themselves for the pain of child birth and what kinda things did you do well in labor that helped reduce the stress pain ect.

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rjmac88
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Before... I mostly just mentally prepared. That it was going to hurt, but this is what I want and I can do it.

During... Relaxing into the contractions. Reminding myself that the worse it got the closer my baby got. And WATER! I got in while pushing because we just barely made it to the birth center. And it IMMEDIATELY took my pain from a 10 to a 6!!!
Brieshon
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Breathing (not any particular method - my body knew what it needed to do) and yelling, lol.

There are things you can do to help prevent tearing (massaging around the vagina with olive oil, I think?).

Good luck!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Red raspberry leaf everyday throughout pregnancy (and pp).

Mental preparation, I never thought about fear or pain, even just these ideas can inhibit progress. Instead I spent the pregnancy focusing on and imagining my body's capabilities. I'd say things like "my cervix is stretchy my baby is squishy."

I watched births on YouTube with my daughter to prepare her for the birth, and they were so peaceful they helped me too.

I breathed, used a tub, essential oils, an exercise/birthing ball, and followed by body's cues- I was never once on my back during labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmo701
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We took natural childbirth classes.  She taught me how to stay calm and breathe.  She suggested walking and using a birthing ball, having frequent sex (until your water breaks), and even told my BF what to say to me and encourage me.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM
bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN