Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Splenda Found to Cause Leukemia in Mice

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

The Center for Science in the Public Interest has downgraded Splenda from "safe" to "caution" after Italian study found that the sweetener caused leukemia in mice.
Another reason why pregnant and nursing women should avoid artificial sweeteners.
Read more here:
http://news.msn.com/us/splenda-goes-from-safe-to-caution-after-leukemia-found-in-mice?goback=.gde_3309232_member_266144064

BeFit-Mom

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I think everyone not just pregnant and nursing women should avoid artificial sweeteners.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Probably anything labled artificial is not good to consume...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM

SIGH I struggle to drink enough water or anything really and Mi is the only thing that makes me drink more..it has splenda in it...yeah I know I know...WAHHH

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Have you tried to make natural flavored water?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

SIGH I struggle to drink enough water or anything really and Mi is the only thing that makes me drink more..it has splenda in it...yeah I know I know...WAHHH

housewifehell
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Another reason why ALL people should avoid this toxic non food. I don't understand the idea of eating something that is not from nature yet people seem to think "all things in moderation" yeah so lets eat rat poison in moderation too and see what happens, oh wait we are doing that and seeing the affects after years of human consumption WTF?
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Gross we don't use it. I'd rather drink organic sugar water than that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM
You should look into making your own water kefir!! It's made with organic sugar and it gets fizzy like soda. You just buy the water kefir grains and it ferments in 24-48 hours and reproduces itself so you always have more lol

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I'm not surprised. I tried Splenda and even Splenda sweetened items. Each time, without fail, I got a HORRID migraine. We don't even allow that stuff in our home.

funhappymom
by Representative on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I'm guilty of using it. I have finally broken the hold it had on me. We use organic cane sugar to sweeten drinks if we need to or honey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN