Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much water? Added photo

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

My dd is 2 I let her drink to thirst, she can have water whenever. She gets some juice a couple days a week and soda on occasion. She nurses half a dozen times or so in a 24 hour period but I'm 27 wks preg and I'm pretty sure she isn't getting much especially lately she'll unlatch to ask for water lol. I'm not super worried about it I'm pretty water obsessed myself and don't want to pass that on but sometimes her pee seems so yellow. Long story short, is there a goal amount for the day? Any tips on how to track it? Thanks.

Ok that took forever to figure out how to add a photo!! 

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I don't think so. Nature should kick in and prompt her to drink adequate amounts, assuming she's healthy.

I make sure there is always water available to my kids, including in their bedroom for overnight, but have never kept track of how much they actually drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Thanks. She's taken to drinking directly from the water spout if she can't reach a glass lol. I'll try to find a pic. We're at a bit of an in between stage with letting her have her own water all the time because she loves to pour it out/play with it. I always offer her when I get some though and she's pretty good about asking when she gets thirsty

Quoting larissalarie:

I don't think so. Nature should kick in and prompt her to drink adequate amounts, assuming she's healthy.

I make sure there is always water available to my kids, including in their bedroom for overnight, but have never kept track of how much they actually drink.
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Ps congrats on your new baby! At 27w5d preg I have to say I'm a little jealous :)

Quoting larissalarie:

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Aww thanks! I know it feels like forever at this point, but it'll be your turn soon

Quoting jmaw89:

Ps congrats on your new baby! At 27w5d preg I have to say I'm a little jealous :)

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
does she have a non spill cup you can keep refilling for her and save the open cups for snack and meals?
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Yes but even then I can only put a little bit, it's like as soon as her thirst is quenched if she can't spill it shell spit it out. I really need to work with her but I don't know how to correct it besides removing it. She loves to clean it up btw lol. It's not such a big deal at home but we own a store we spend a lot of time at and I don't like little fountain Rae entertaining the customers kol

Quoting melindabelcher:

does she have a non spill cup you can keep refilling for her and save the open cups for snack and meals?
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I like to make sure my 3 yr old and my 4 yr old get at least 1.5oz × their body weight a day in water. That's about 60 oz for my 40lbs 4 yr old, and about 42 oz for my 28lbs 3 yr old. I think I got that based off a livestrong.com calculator. I let them drink as much as they want, I just make sure they drink at least that amount. Ya know?
Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I would just stick with water, you can.flavor it by adding fresh fruit, and have water easily accessable as well. We always had water next to the bed at night too :)
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Holy cow, that seems like a lot! As an adult I always shoot for half my body weight in water( usually end up drinking way more but...) interesting, thanks!

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I like to make sure my 3 yr old and my 4 yr old get at least 1.5oz × their body weight a day in water. That's about 60 oz for my 40lbs 4 yr old, and about 42 oz for my 28lbs 3 yr old. I think I got that based off a livestrong.com calculator. I let them drink as much as they want, I just make sure they drink at least that amount. Ya know?
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Water is primary, juice is kind of a treat and soda is just when her dad drinks it :/ once she's out of the pouring out/mixing everything stage she can just have a cup all the time but for now she'll just ask or drink out of the spout. I tried to post a pic last night and it didn't work I'll try again when I get home tonight it really is too funny.

Quoting Precious333:

I would just stick with water, you can.flavor it by adding fresh fruit, and have water easily accessable as well. We always had water next to the bed at night too :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)