Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

newborn cloth :(

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
  • 21 Replies
Im kind of frustrated. Covers from the diapers keep rubbing against Samara's belly button and made her bleed. The aios seem to be ok, and i have to see if the gdiapers are irritating her, but im so disappointed that they are bothering her....i hope i have enough diapers now!
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM
As tiny as she is, I'm guessing ANY diapers would be big and irritate her belly button. Mine's not nearly as small and it takes some effort to make sure the newborn disposables don't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I wonder if i can put something between her bellybutton and diaper? I domt want to do a bandaid, but not sure what would work :/

Quoting larissalarie:

As tiny as she is, I'm guessing ANY diapers would be big and irritate her belly button. Mine's not nearly as small and it takes some effort to make sure the newborn disposables don't do that.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I'm worried about this! Let us know what you figure out! My first was 6lbs3 and my second was 7lbs4, so I'm kinda worried that they will rub. 

larissalarie
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I really don't know what would work. Maybe a baby belly band? Lol.

Quoting Precious333:

I wonder if i can put something between her bellybutton and diaper? I domt want to do a bandaid, but not sure what would work :/

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Newborn bumgenius seem to not irritate her, thats all i know so far.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I'm worried about this! Let us know what you figure out! My first was 6lbs3 and my second was 7lbs4, so I'm kinda worried that they will rub. 

BlessedMammaof2
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Try a piece of gauze between her belly button and the diaper. Do you have any diapers that button down for the umbilical cord?

I have two ecoposh newborn fitted diapers and one Rumparooz newborn cover, if your interested.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I will try the gauze idea, the diapers we have have dips for the umbilical cord, but are too big and cover it.

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

Try a piece of gauze between her belly button and the diaper. Do you have any diapers that button down for the umbilical cord?

I have two ecoposh newborn fitted diapers and one Rumparooz newborn cover, if your interested.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
He ;) looks bigger!

Quoting MaryJarrett:

rjmac88
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble with mine as well. And my 4 days old is 9 pounds! I can't wait for this cord to fall off so I can get her in cloth more.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I didnt notice them.bothering until after yhe cord was.off, but i also didnt use the covers for the first few days either.

Quoting rjmac88:

I'm having a lot of trouble with mine as well. And my 4 days old is 9 pounds! I can't wait for this cord to fall off so I can get her in cloth more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN