Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

how long ?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
My sons 9 days old and me wnd my DH want more kids. How long do we have to wait before ttc again ?
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
If you want to breastfeed your child and not need formula, at least a year.

If you don't care about breastfeeding your child, I suppose as soon as you feel like it, although back-to-back pregnancies are hard on the body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TippyD
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/family-planning/MY01691/NSECTIONGROUP=2

there are risks between having babies too close together, and waiting too long:/

melindabelcher
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM
This.

Quoting larissalarie:

If you want to breastfeed your child and not need formula, at least a year.

If you don't care about breastfeeding your child, I suppose as soon as you feel like it, although back-to-back pregnancies are hard on the body.

GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

"Irish Twins" are 10 months apart, so it is biologically possible to get pregnant immediately.  Some women go back for their OB 6 week visit and find they're pregnant...

lifeforchrist
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM

if you want to breastfeed and not go formula atleast a year. But its best to wait atleast 2 years since it takes the body 2 years to recover from one pregnancy. And back to back pregnancies increases your chances of prolapse.

GeoRocks
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

With DS we got pregnant when DD was 3 months. We weren't actively trying but we were not preventing. His pregnancy was so HARD! I wouldnt change their age difference and how close they are but it was a tough pregnancy. BUT that being said only you know when you and your body is ready to try again!

JadeTigr7
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM

We usually wait a year so that I can breastfeed for at least a year.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

my grandma had babies 10 months apart and always warned me about doing that. She said it was so hard and tells me horror stories lol...I would wait at least a year for your body to heal a bit.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I have children that are 17 months apart and I love it.  I would say give your body at least 6 months of rest before start trying.  GL

jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I would wait awhile. I got caught up in the honeymoon period after having my kids and you do get over it rather quickly LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN