Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Can you drink raw kombucha while nursing?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
I looked it up and couldn't really find much info on it... Does anyone know?
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I don't see why not. 

What about it causes you concern?

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I agree. Seems like it would not be an issue. 

nikzup03
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I have. What's the difference between that and anything fermentered? Like sauerkraut?
vvinkyloafer
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I would contact the company that sells raw kombucha and ask myself. I contacted Synergy and they said it was okay to drink their products.

I would stay away from kombucha made in someone's "back yard", however. There's no guarantee of any safe preparation procedures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

I would contact the company that sells raw kombucha and ask myself. I contacted Synergy and they said it was okay to drink their products.

I would stay away from kombucha made in someone's "back yard", however. There's no guarantee of any safe preparation procedures.

Respectfully, I disagree.  I would much rather make my own than purchase anything commercially made.

I've been drinking my own home-made kefir daily for over 2 years now, through one pregnancy and through breastfeeding two babes.  I'm a huge advocate of home-made probiotics!!  :)

paknari
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
What is kimbucha?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I make my own and I drink it while nursing. I've done it for months. No issues.
vvinkyloafer
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Well, you know what procedures are done making your own products. I'd be more wary of others.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Respectfully, I disagree.  I would much rather make my own than purchase anything commercially made.

I've been drinking my own home-made kefir daily for over 2 years now, through one pregnancy and through breastfeeding two babes.  I'm a huge advocate of home-made probiotics!!  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting paknari:

What is kimbucha?

Mrs.Salz
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I've never heard of anyone who makes it and sells it aside from a commercial company.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Well, you know what procedures are done making your own products. I'd be more wary of others.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN