Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Possible bee sting?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son is 2 and was playing outside yesterday with the big kids. My DH said he wondered by the bee hive (a hole is the ground, we tried to flush it out last week but it didn't work) but never cried or anything. Well last night I noticed this big red spot on his tummy and its still there this morning.
Could it be a bee thing it something else?
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Monkiebut
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Mobile Photo

funhappymom
by Representative on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Ouch. It's hard to tell from that photo. Is there a center, like where he might have been stung? Is it sore for him?

Monkiebut
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM
There is a center white little bump but its SO small. We never found a stinger but not all bees leave them.
He is not complaining but he never complains about anything, even when he had a blocked bowel and was hospitalized for it :/

Sorry the pic stinks, he would not stay still.

Quoting funhappymom:

Ouch. It's hard to tell from that photo. Is there a center, like where he might have been stung? Is it sore for him?

elkmomma
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Very possible.  Keep an eye on it, if it spreads, gets darker in color, or swells get him to Dr.  Cold pack will help soothe and reduce any swelling.  You may want to give him a little benedryl, but only if it's something he's taken before or ask his Dr first.  If he's running  fever, call the Dr.  Most often the redness will go away in a day or so, but watch for changes.

funhappymom
by Representative on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

No worries about the pic.

It could be from a bee sting if there is a center. Poor little guy :(

Quoting Monkiebut:

There is a center white little bump but its SO small. We never found a stinger but not all bees leave them.
He is not complaining but he never complains about anything, even when he had a blocked bowel and was hospitalized for it :/

Sorry the pic stinks, he would not stay still.

Quoting funhappymom:

Monkiebut
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I think it's def a bee sting :( I have him benydril cause its grown since last night. If it does not go down ill call his pedi.....
Though would I call his old one or new one he has not seen yet? His insurance changed this month so we switched PCPs.
funhappymom
by Representative on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quoting Monkiebut:

I think it's def a bee sting :( I have him benydril cause its grown since last night. If it does not go down ill call his pedi.....
Though would I call his old one or new one he has not seen yet? His insurance changed this month so we switched PCPs.

If he's using the new insurance, I would call your new ped.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

new PCP

The white center more then likely has a stinger in it. My mom and I just pulled about three out of my step father yesterday after he spend the week on the river and got stung multiple times. 

Monkiebut
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM
We are thinking it was a hornet since there is no stinger and they are not big enough to be wasps.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

new PCP

The white center more then likely has a stinger in it. My mom and I just pulled about three out of my step father yesterday after he spend the week on the river and got stung multiple times. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That looks bad, poor guy.  It's not hot to the touch is it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN