Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural treatment for fluid behind eardrum?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
Can any of you ladies recommend a natural treatment for fluid behind the eardrum? DH is complaining of pressure and fluid behind his eardrum. He recently had a 'sinus thing' that was most likely pollen allergy or some such. I'd just tell him to go to the dr but we are on vacation and 500miles from home. I thought maybe some breast milk in his ear or ... But he refused stating that putting something in his ear to treat something behind his eardrum is pointless. :/ I see his argument. Any help would be appreciated.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Ear candles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vcory
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Ear candles and a clove of raw garlic in his ear overnight. It'll draw out any infection. My mom would do this with my brother growing up and it worked really well. She would just put a bandaid over his ear to hold it in. Sometimes using swimmer ear drops will empty out the fluid.
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Ear Oil (olive oil infused with garlic) from the Health Food Store works on kiddos ear issues.  Might be worth a try for your DH...

Emadele
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Thanks ladies! He has agreed to put garlic in his ear. :) we would have done it last night but we forgot to take the garlic into the fair for our overnight adventure. I'll let y'all know how it turns out. :)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM
BM would work as well as garlic honestly
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

How is his ears doing?

jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Everyone gave good suggestions already!

Emadele
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
He is slow and forgetful unless I am on top of things... He hasn't done it yet. I figure they're his ears. If he's in enough discomfort he will take care of it. All I can do is make suggestions. :/ silly men.

Quoting Sarah725:

How is his ears doing?

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)