Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Babywearing and household chores

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM
  • 29 Replies
I have a 2 month old and the boba 3G. He loves to be close so I wear him when I do chores but its really such a pain in the butt! It's so hard to bend over and pick things up off the ground (I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant again lol) and he seems to sag after a little while and doesn't look very comfy. He'll start to fuss after about an hour or two. I'm pretty petite, 5'2 and 107lbs so that might have something to do with it not being enjoyable. However I do love carrying him when were out and about doing things like grocery shopping. It's just doing things like laundry, dishes, etc. I'd rather just put him in his swing but he cries he'd rather be held 24/7. I want to enjoy babywearing! Does anyone have any advice on how to make it easier and more enjoyable to do household chores while carrying my little guy?
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I'm not familiar with the boba, but it sounds like you may need an infant insert.
Try wearing him on your back, I find that's much easier for doing chores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaBlue92
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM
You don't need an insert for the boba, there's a newborn hold. I used that until he was 12 pounds, now we just use the normal front carry. He sagged with the newborn hold as well though. You can't wear him on your back with the boba until he's heavier, I forgot what the weight limit is but I know he's under it right now. Should I get a wrap? Can you put a 2 month old on your back or is that still too young? He can't fully support his own head yet.

Quoting jellyphish:

I'm not familiar with the boba, but it sounds like you may need an infant insert.

Magnolia7
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I find I need to start at the top with chores. I do sweeping and vacuuming (can be upright and moving), then move to dusting, folding laundry, dishes, etc. Usually he is asleep by then. I can lay him down and then do the chores that require bending over. For housework I use my ergo in front carry. Soon he'll be big enough and I'll switch to the back.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes you can, but you have to use a woven wrap. Stretchy wraps like money are unsafe to do back carries with. www.wrapyourbaby.com has tutorials and info on all different kinds of wrap carries, including nb back wraps.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

You don't need an insert for the boba, there's a newborn hold. I used that until he was 12 pounds, now we just use the normal front carry. He sagged with the newborn hold as well though. You can't wear him on your back with the boba until he's heavier, I forgot what the weight limit is but I know he's under it right now. Should I get a wrap? Can you put a 2 month old on your back or is that still too young? He can't fully support his own head yet.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM

first off go back to the infant hold with the boba, i have one too. when you bend you need to not bend at the waist, its actually bad for your back, bend at your knees. He might also be getting too hot, make sure to strip him down to just a diaper when wearing him in the house for chores. 

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM
What is the infant hold in the Boba? I have a Boba but we didn't use it until my daughter was 7 months. If the infant hold is with legs in, it is actually not recommended anymore, as it can put stress on the feet and legs, as well as cut off circulation to the feet.

I would recommend a woven wrap or a mei tai with an adjustable seat width.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:52 AM
The way to wear an infant in the Boba 3G is with the pouch that is created when you fold the waistband over and snap it.

Quoting schultzal:

What is the infant hold in the Boba? I have a Boba but we didn't use it until my daughter was 7 months. If the infant hold is with legs in, it is actually not recommended anymore, as it can put stress on the feet and legs, as well as cut off circulation to the feet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I'd use a woven wrap to do a back carry. It's safe to do at this age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Thanks! It was too hot here to use the Boba when my daughter was that young.

Quoting jconney80:

The way to wear an infant in the Boba 3G is with the pouch that is created when you fold the waistband over and snap it.

Quoting schultzal:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN