Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

crib advice!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am trying to find an eco friendly AND budget friendly crib.. the only one I can find under $300 seems to have been discontinued. It is ridiculous that it is this hard to find such a thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Bed sharing is safer and more free. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM

bed share. my youngest is almost 19 months and has yet to sleep in a crib. it will save you money, save you time since you wont have to get up out of bed at night and allow you more sleep. studies also prove its more natural and best for mom and baby. 

But if your set on a crib maybe looking into a used one. 

melindabelcher
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep another bed-sharer here :)
Jaime_707
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I bed share too.  We did attach a crib to the side of our bed as a side car but my son always insisted on sleeping on our mattress and not in the crib extension. Look on your local craigslist. Good luck. Not sure what an Eco friendly crib would be... Like bamboo or something? I used an organic cotton mattress for our crib.

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
We bed share. Had a crib for my oldest but never used it. With my 2nd child we never even set it up. We gave it away when I was pregnant with our 3rd. Our 3rd ended up liking her own sleep space for awhile so we used a pack n play. Our 4th likes being close too so he bed shares. We sometimes have baby start the night on a crib mattress on the floor beside the bed. Then when baby wakes to nurse we bring them to our bed for the rest of the night.
sugarcrisp
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I won't start looking for a crib until daughter is about 3-4 months old. I don't bedshare because, at 7, I'm still struggling to keep my son in his bed. Don't want to go through that again.

Good luck.

mylilprincesses
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM

never used cribs just pack n plays. then transfered to a toddler bed shortly after.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM

bump

destiny3513
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I have a crib....we've never used it. Luckily it turns Into a toddler and full bed. We bed share for now.
michellefrogs
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

It's not under $300, but try babysdream.com. We did get ours under $300, but that was almost 2 years ago. She didn't start using it until she was six months and now only uses at the beginning of the night until she comes into bed with us. The good thing is that it turns into a queen size bed frame. The one we have is now $369. It's lead and formaldehyde free. They also plant two tress for every one they use. But more importantly don't forget to get an organic mattress, which is very important. Most mattresses are filled with toxic chemicals. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN