Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

ok......may need to make a trip to the doctors! UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 16 Replies
Damien, my 7 yr old, and been sick going in two weeks. He had a really bad cough, but now its turned to diarrhea and he even threw up today. He woke up with a fever and hasnt been eating much since yesterday :( so far we have beem giving him.honey, usinf a vaporizer with peppernint oil, putting peppermint oil and with coconut oil on his chest, and feet. Daddy got him some cough medicine too and cough drops, bu now with tge fever and tummy issues i think its time to visit the doctor.

UPDATE
i took Damien to the doctor today. She listened tohim and heard weezing in his chest. So she did a breathing treatment, he had a perscription for antibiotics (just a 3 day perscription), and two perscriptions for inhalers. He also lost weight, but grew since his last appoinment (he's almost 7 yrs old btw). She said if he doesnt show signs of improvement by friday to call her.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Are you going to the ER tonight or wait until the morning?  Keep us posted on his diagnosis, ok?  GL!

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
No, no er trip, its not that serious. I am thinking of calling the doctor tomorrow and seeing when they can see us. My son has a sensitive tummy, and it feels like whenever he gets sick he has tummy issues too.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Are you going to the ER tonight or wait until the morning?  Keep us posted on his diagnosis, ok?  GL!

GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Do you have insurance?  Generally they offer a "Call a Nurse" number, so you can do some troubleshooting with them prior to going into see the doc.  Maybe  you can get some tips on what to do to make him more comfortable tonight?

(I had a wee one with a 104 fever, and the doc on the line said to never try to cool a small baby down with a washcloth, as it would cause their body to react against the cool cloth and overheat even more.  Since that time, I'm a HUGE fan of calling--even if I have no intention of taking a kiddo in for an appointment...).

Quoting Precious333:

No, no er trip, its not that serious. I am thinking of calling the doctor tomorrow and seeing when they can see us. My son has a sensitive tummy, and it feels like whenever he gets sick he has tummy issues too.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

melindabelcher
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Hows it today?
funhappymom
by Representative on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Is it possible he has diarrhea and vomiting from the congestion? My middle child gets like that when he's suffering from allergies/congestion. Possibly an inner infection, which would explain the fever.

I hope he starts feeling better quickly.

Mrs.Salz
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope he gets better soon!

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Interesting. I never knew that.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Do you have insurance?  Generally they offer a "Call a Nurse" number, so you can do some troubleshooting with them prior to going into see the doc.  Maybe  you can get some tips on what to do to make him more comfortable tonight?

(I had a wee one with a 104 fever, and the doc on the line said to never try to cool a small baby down with a washcloth, as it would cause their body to react against the cool cloth and overheat even more.  Since that time, I'm a HUGE fan of calling--even if I have no intention of taking a kiddo in for an appointment...).

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
No fever this morning. He is still coughing, all night and this morning. Tummy still hurts. I have to wait a littlr bit until the doctor's officr opens.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Hows it today?

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Its possible, would his tummy hurt as well? He said his poop was green. Also, his fever was only last night and it read 101, would a fever that low be an infection?

Quoting funhappymom:

Is it possible he has diarrhea and vomiting from the congestion? My middle child gets like that when he's suffering from allergies/congestion. Possibly an inner infection, which would explain the fever.

I hope he starts feeling better quickly.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe glad there is no fever this morning, hope he just gets better today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN