Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

veggies....need ideas!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 23 Replies
I have a garden, i serve veggies with luncha dn dinner.....and snacks, and still my kids are so picky. My oldest doesnt do spicy, very mild eater, doesnt like tomatoes, bell peppers, so i try to not force those. My second oldest is pretty easy. My 3 yr old is so stubborn! He eats lots of fruits, and i have to fight him on his veggies. He would rather not eat than.eat them! Help!!! I need ideas!
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I'm not sure because I can't really get my kids to eat veggies either. My son and oldest daughter eat salads. My son loves it because he eats this blush vinaigrette dressing that is sweet & sour. That is basically the only reason why he eats salad lol. I can sometimes get them to eat broccolli. They eat homemade guacamole.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I need to find a good salad dressing!

Quoting jconney80:

I'm not sure because I can't really get my kids to eat veggies either. My son and oldest daughter eat salads. My son loves it because he eats this blush vinaigrette dressing that is sweet & sour. That is basically the only reason why he eats salad lol. I can sometimes get them to eat broccolli. They eat homemade guacamole.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Ok, second question. When my kids refuse to eat a meal i save jt for the next meal.....how many meals should i save it for? Its afternoon now and the kids still refuse to eat the dinner from last night.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Maybe save it for the next day's lunch? My kids will do that too and then eat it later lol

Quoting Precious333:

Ok, second question. When my kids refuse to eat a meal i save jt for the next meal.....how many meals should i save it for? Its afternoon now and the kids still refuse to eat the dinner from last night.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM
My kids love veggies. My dd only refuses to eat squash. I can get her to eat it if I put it in hot dogs and potatoes. I get organic hot dogs and then load it up with veggies. They eat it right up.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
How do you prepare it? My kids love hot dogs, i buy the natural onea with no sodium nitrates, and then i put fresh veggies on theor plate. My 3 yr old ate only to hot dog.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

My kids love veggies. My dd only refuses to eat squash. I can get her to eat it if I put it in hot dogs and potatoes. I get organic hot dogs and then load it up with veggies. They eat it right up.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I did and they all refused, finally i got them.to eat it arouns dinner time, but they were sooooo stubborn!

Quoting jconney80:

Maybe save it for the next day's lunch? My kids will do that too and then eat it later lol

Quoting Precious333:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I chop up potatoes and veggies. I saute them in a little oil and let everything cook up. The last few minutes I throw the hot dogs in to warm up and any spices I want to use. The last minute I usually throw in a chopped up tomato. 

Quoting Precious333:

How do you prepare it? My kids love hot dogs, i buy the natural onea with no sodium nitrates, and then i put fresh veggies on theor plate. My 3 yr old ate only to hot dog.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Nice....im trying that!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I chop up potatoes and veggies. I saute them in a little oil and let everything cook up. The last few minutes I throw the hot dogs in to warm up and any spices I want to use. The last minute I usually throw in a chopped up tomato. 

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I really like steamed vegetables with ghee and sea salt. Or put some shredded cheese on top and stir it together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)