Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What is a natural cure for ear infections?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 25 Replies

I just want to prepare myself in case anyone gets an ear infection this fall or winter. I want to avoid antibiotics at all costs. Has anyone used natural remedies that really worked? I've never used anything that actually seemed to work for one. I tried breastmilk before and garlic in olive oil but it didn't work. 

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM
The Gaia garlic ear oil seemed to work well at stopping an ear infection before it got bad, I've never dealt with a bad one tho. That's what my nd recommends too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I like the garlic ear oil as well, but you have to do it at the first sign of ear pain, once its bad it doesnt work. and you have to use it a lot

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM

BM worked for us here 3 drops 3 times a day for 3 days

Lydlou02
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I've heard so many different things. A couple drops of breast milk, garlic oil, ear candles, etc.
Goodluck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kspear0120
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

a friend of mine swore by raw onion juice (grated onion into a towel then squeeze the juice out). We used it on suspicion of an ear infection and seemed to work but I don't think it was bad.

Mrs.Salz
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I have the garlic oil but it seems like you have to use it at the first sign. I would also load up on probiotics, acv, grapefruit seed extract (nasty, but works!), raw garlic cloves, etc.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM

OK thanks! I don't usually have to deal with too many. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that this year

Quoting jellyphish:

The Gaia garlic ear oil seemed to work well at stopping an ear infection before it got bad, I've never dealt with a bad one tho. That's what my nd recommends too.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Quoting monalisasus:

I like the garlic ear oil as well, but you have to do it at the first sign of ear pain, once its bad it doesnt work. and you have to use it a lot

I think this is a very key point that people forget.  At first sign of ear pain you can use garlic ear oil!

GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM

At the first sign, go to a Chiropractor. 

Baby's ears don't drain the same as an adult's do, so an ajustment will help them drain and keep an ear infection at bay...

jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I really have no way of knowing at the first sign. My younger kids won't tell me. Is there a way to look and see?

Quoting Sarah725:

Quoting monalisasus:

I think this is a very key point that people forget.  At first sign of ear pain you can use garlic ear oil!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN