Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What is a natural cure for ear infections?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just want to prepare myself in case anyone gets an ear infection this fall or winter. I want to avoid antibiotics at all costs. Has anyone used natural remedies that really worked? I've never used anything that actually seemed to work for one. I tried breastmilk before and garlic in olive oil but it didn't work. 

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Replies (21-25):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM
That's a really good idea. That's exactly why if they get a bad cold or virus they get one

Quoting GoodyBrook:

At the first sign, go to a Chiropractor. 

Baby's ears don't drain the same as an adult's do, so an ajustment will help them drain and keep an ear infection at bay...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

WOW, I never thought of that.  Learn something new everyday. :)

Is there a list somewhere that tells me what a Chiropractor can help with?

Quoting jconney80:

That's a really good idea. That's exactly why if they get a bad cold or virus they get one

Quoting GoodyBrook:

At the first sign, go to a Chiropractor. 

Baby's ears don't drain the same as an adult's do, so an ajustment will help them drain and keep an ear infection at bay...

IndigoRose
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I use oregano oil.  Make it this way:  Get a plastic bottle of mineral oil.  Baby oil is perfect.  Empty out about half of the oil.  Remove the bottle's top and stuff it full with fresh oregano, which you crush to release the herb's goodness better.  (It MUST be fresh oregano, NOT dried.  Dried won't work.  I grow my own oregano.  I live in Ohio and it's a perennial here.)

Your oregan oil will need at least 3 months to make up.  (6 is better.) When it's good & strong heat it to warm and use it by dropperfuls in the ear.  I have had good success with this.

micheledo
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Garlic oil has always worked for our family.  I do two drops, two or three times a day.  And I make my own with fresh garlic.  I don't know if that is how you tried it or if it would even matter! :D

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Bm always worked for me. I have no other suggestions. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN