Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

teething necklaces... amber vs hazel... this is all new to me!! EDIT: new question

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

so i just recently was made aware of these... dd is just turning 8 weeks so i have time, but id like to start looking for a good but reasonably priced one.  i was looking on a site and they have hazel, amber, and combo necklaces... and my mind was blown haha. 

any tips for what to look for in these?? suggestions on places to buy?  this is what i was looking at: http://www.healinghazel.com/

EDIT: ok, so what are the ages for these... i saw not under 36 months and good for 3 months- 2 years.  the former doesnt make any sense... i was thinking like 6 months...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hazel wood is for eczema, amber is for pain.
I hope that helps. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, and good places are Zoolikins.com, gogonatural.com, bumluxury.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Amber is for pain relief and works much quicker, but shouldn't be used if there are acidity issues like reflux. Hazel helps balance the acid in the body and is great for eczema, it takes a few weeks to be fully effective but can help with pain eventually.

We buy from hazelaid.com. Not cheap, but high quality and real. Unfortunately with Amber inexpensive also frequently means fake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I put a necklace on both my kiddos when they were about 1 month old.  We replaced my eldest's at 24 months because it was beginning to fray due to the fact that we NEVER took it off, and the water from his baths/swimming had started to disintigrate it...

We purchase from hazelaid and "inspired by finn."

justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I've only bought from Hazelaid. They have information on the site as to what to look for. The lighter the color, the stronger.

Quoting larissalarie:

Amber is for pain relief and works much quicker, but shouldn't be used if there are acidity issues like reflux. Hazel helps balance the acid in the body and is great for eczema, it takes a few weeks to be fully effective but can help with pain eventually.

We buy from hazelaid.com. Not cheap, but high quality and real. Unfortunately with Amber inexpensive also frequently means fake.
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Age depends on who you talk to. If I have anymore kids, I'll be using one when they start teething. For my daughter, that started around three months. Unfortunately, I sort of dismissed amber, so I put it off until my daughter was about 14(?) months, when her molars came, and she was miserable.

Now that I've used it, I swear by it.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
The 36 months is to CYA in case if choking. But if its made right- easily broken and individually tied beads; and the right size- comfortable but too short to fit in his mouth, the necklaces are choke proof.
I put hers on before she started teething so it'd be there already, she was two months I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

We got Ashers amber at 9 months and i wish we had done it sooner when he first started getting teether, I think we will around 3-4 months this time.  Maybe as an Xmas present...

Hazel helps with reflux

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
we bought from inspired by finn btw
ohmandy
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM

i was thinking christmas too... she'll be just shy of 6 months... ds got his first teeth at 7 months.  we'll play it by ear haha.  the whole christmas thing is for show for ds haha.  but id rather shell out the money as santa :)

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

We got Ashers amber at 9 months and i wish we had done it sooner when he first started getting teether, I think we will around 3-4 months this time.  Maybe as an Xmas present...

Hazel helps with reflux

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN