Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Postpartum exercises, stretches, and/or diet

Posted by   + Show Post

I did a lot of things differently this pregnancy that I did not do in the past like drinking red raspberry tea, using raw vitamins, did spinning babies when my son was breeched, and did some other stretches and exercies as well that kept me feeling well throughout the pregnancy. This delivery also went great and I am feeling great at one week pp.  Now that I have delivered what are some things that are good to keep including in my diet that are good for pp? Maybe something that helps with the bleeding or just recooperation in general. Should I continue to drink the red raspberry tea? I know about a balanced diet and we eat well but is there something specific that is good to help moms recover from delivery? With my last I developed a terrible kidney infection about 6 weeks pp. I've heard cranberry juice is good for that. If so how much should I be drinking or is there something else that helps prevent kidney infection.  I found cranberry tea in the store but I do knot know anything about it. 

Also I am looking for exercies or stretches that are good for pp. I am not necessarily looking to lose weight yet and I know i have to wait a while before starting to exerciese a ton. I have heard it is good to conitnue kegals and to do pelvic tilts. Is there anything else I can do other than the typical walking and such?

Kristen - happily married to Xander and mom to A (9/25/09 9.9lbs), Z (9/27/10 8.13 lbs and has craniosynostosis), S (11/8/11 9.15lbs and Successful natural VBA2C!), and M (8/20/13 9.10lbs also natural VBA2C!!)

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-18):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Always looking for good books, thanks.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Lose your Mummy Tummy by Julie Tupler is a great resource since most women have some amount of diastasis separation especially after several pregnancies.

And congrats on the vbacs!

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM

There are MANY safe ab rehab exercises that you can do right away. These include:

• Belly Lacing
  • Belly Scooping
  • Heel Slides
  • Small Toe Taps
  • Rib Closure
  • and a lot more!

Google my screen name for more info:

BeFit-Mom

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

You say that studies show that kegels cause organ prolapse. Please site your sources.

BeFit-Mom

kspear0120
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM

those are new to me thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Quoting BeFit-Mom:

There are MANY safe ab rehab exercises that you can do right away. These include:

• Belly Lacing
  • Belly Scooping
  • Heel Slides
  • Small Toe Taps
  • Rib Closure
  • and a lot more!

Google my screen name for more info:

BeFit-Mom

Rosepetal27
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Im using a website called Fittamamma for my pregnancy exercise guidelines and eating, recommended to m by a friend becuase it was so accessable, and they have a post pregnancy exercise guideline that might be useful for you? Here is the link :) 

http://www.fittamamma.com/section.php/157/1/post_pregnancy_exercise

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Congrats on the baby!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I just rested, ate healthy, and drank lots of water. A few weeks after birth I started walking.
kspear0120
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Quoting JoJoBean8:

Congrats on the baby!

ty!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)