Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so I was just offered this by my midwife and its all new to me . I wasnt offered it last time I gave birth in 2010. My hubby heard her talking about it and wants to do it but I am kinda the deny all testing kind and I usually prefer one u/s and not more. Should I do it for him in a pick my battle kind of thing....I already have to fight him on vax and some other more important things. 

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Replies (11-11):
EliteGoddess
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I only did a few of the tests, and after I did them my hindsight said I didn't need them.  But then, I'm also a vegan who eats 90% organic, whole produce, so my pregnancy was incredibly healthy, and my baby came out and still is super heatlhy as well.  If you're exercising, doing positive things, and not eating any junk or "cravings", you're in pretty great shape to avoid Western tests and such.

That being said, you don't need to be uber-healthy to avoid tests.  If you are in great shape and don't feel it's necessary, don't.  Sit your hubby down and have an open conversation about your feelings--not the outer, aggressive ones, but the inner, vulnerable ones, so he can not only understand your thoughts, but be encouraged to share his own.  Then you can decide together and both feel good about it, rather than one person winning/getting their way.  For the health of your baby, that's probably most important.

Be well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)