Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get 15mo to not be so whiny!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 15mo DS is BF & we cosleep with his crib "side-car"..... It takes me all day to clean the house & get stuff done because of my son. He follows me around upset, wanting to be held or nursed.

My mom & hubby says he is not like this with them at all... Last week DH had son for the whole day while I went to see BFF who just had a baby. I came home & the house was SPOTLESS. DH said he had no problem cleaning the house & DS was content. DS was not fussy towards DH & didnt cry for me at all that day...

What gives? I want to buy a back carrier as soon as we have the money, but that may have to wait until my bday in Oct... Why is he so different & is there a way I can incourage him to be with me like he is with his Daddy & Grandparents?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I've got the same problem except mine is a bit older. It's been like this since he really started being able to eat enough for me to be gone for a few hours. I use a wrap since I also have an older one. You can use anything to wear your baby, you don't need a fancy contraption. I use one of my scarves as a backup in my bag in case I leave the house without my wrap. I tie it and just use it like a sling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Best advice is to wear him. He'll get better as he gets older.
MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I have a sling & a moby. We dislike both -- which is another reason Im so scared to spend more money on baby wearing.. But every day I just wish I could throw him on my back & go on with my day... Ive tried with a beach towel & a bed sheet - neither works it seems..

Quoting polkaspots:

I've got the same problem except mine is a bit older. It's been like this since he really started being able to eat enough for me to be gone for a few hours. I use a wrap since I also have an older one. You can use anything to wear your baby, you don't need a fancy contraption. I use one of my scarves as a backup in my bag in case I leave the house without my wrap. I tie it and just use it like a sling.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

My Dd is like this with me and not others. I think it's a mom thing. Now my dd is older but I use to give her a wet cloth to help me clean and allow her to do dishes by giving her a bowl of soapy water and a few cups on the floor while I did dishes. Now she has her own bottle of vinegar spray and "washes" while I work...at 15 months there r creative ways to get involved to help mommy.....I hope u get your carrier soon...although it's probably just a phase

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Kids are different with different people, its strange but its true even for older kids
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Tie him in your back with the moby just to see if you like it. It's not recommended to use it like that, but taking twenty minutes to walk around like that will tell you if its worth it. That's what I did before I bought my woven wrap.

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

I have a sling & a moby. We dislike both -- which is another reason Im so scared to spend more money on baby wearing.. But every day I just wish I could throw him on my back & go on with my day... Ive tried with a beach towel & a bed sheet - neither works it seems..

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great advice.

If you like back carrying with a wrap, you can get Osnaburg woven fabric for less than $5 per yard and make your own wrap for very little money. :)

Quoting polkaspots:

Tie him in your back with the moby just to see if you like it. It's not recommended to use it like that, but taking twenty minutes to walk around like that will tell you if its worth it. That's what I did before I bought my woven wrap.

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM
My daughter is the same, but she's only ten months. Wearing her on my back is the only way I can get anything done, especially because our laundry and clothesline are down three stories.

She is a totally different child when she is with her daddy. It baffles me, but it is what it is, I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe later today when dh gets home Ill get him to help me with the moby. Good idea! :D

Im also tempted to say "screw today" and spend the day cutting and sewing a podaegi out of an old sheet, it wont be comfortable enough to wear long term most likely, but hopefully it will give us an idea of how one works & feels.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
That's a good idea. You should do it.

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Maybe later today when dh gets home Ill get him to help me with the moby. Good idea! :D

Im also tempted to say "screw today" and spend the day cutting and sewing a podaegi out of an old sheet, it wont be comfortable enough to wear long term most likely, but hopefully it will give us an idea of how one works & feels.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)