Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How to get 15mo to not be so whiny!!

My 15mo DS is BF & we cosleep with his crib "side-car"..... It takes me all day to clean the house & get stuff done because of my son. He follows me around upset, wanting to be held or nursed.

My mom & hubby says he is not like this with them at all... Last week DH had son for the whole day while I went to see BFF who just had a baby. I came home & the house was SPOTLESS. DH said he had no problem cleaning the house & DS was content. DS was not fussy towards DH & didnt cry for me at all that day...

What gives? I want to buy a back carrier as soon as we have the money, but that may have to wait until my bday in Oct... Why is he so different & is there a way I can incourage him to be with me like he is with his Daddy & Grandparents?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (11-15):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I wear my kiddos on my back. I'm sorry I don't have many other tips. My youngest does this to me too. It is so hard. It's a mom thing! I would try giving a snack or toy that is special to see if you can get him distracted but both of my younger kids are like this and it just took my son getting older to be more independent.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
My kids are more clingy and whiny with me. Usually if I give them a good 20-30 minutes of my time it helps them so I can get one or two things done.
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM
My son was like that, then around 17 months he stopped. Now at 19 months, he plays so I can get things done. It's just a phase and it will end.
MommaTasha1003
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Mobile Photo

ok here is my almost 7yo playing in my "hobo" wrap (korean back carrier) i made out of an old sheet & an old large pillowcase. .... I would have posted sooner but my sis had a heart attack friday so took me a bit longer -- she is ok now- lots of life changes but she is doing good!!
We are full-out hobo'n it..... I look rough & dd is without shirt & hair falling from playing.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM
My kids were the same way

Quoting illegallyblonde:

My son was like that, then around 17 months he stopped. Now at 19 months, he plays so I can get things done. It's just a phase and it will end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN